Vanderbilt Waitlist 2027

so does that make my engineering waitlist chances better or worse?

It’s a smaller waitlist but there are less spots, so hard to say.

This ain’t gonna happen tonight.
The agony continues

I’m just gonna keep some hope and pray that it happens tonight lol

its already 8 :sob:

From the Vandy paper regarding waitlist from admissions office (won’t let me link it):
“Christiansen said around 8% of the Class of 2027 will come from the waitlist. He declined to state the number of students who were waitlisted, stating that it misrepresents a student’s chance of being accepted off the waitlist. Christiansen added that students are admitted off the waitlist according to the school to which they applied and, in some cases, their intended majors.”

1 Like

i wish schools were more transparent about this stuff and just a lot of other things in the whole process

This was also stated in mid-April. Way before people in the class actually made their commitments.

1 Like

fr why are they so secretive

1 Like

This is true. This could also mean that (perhaps) there is a problem with spots this year, maybe they have more spots open than they think they would have like the 8% that was stated.

1 Like

so the 8% was based on a good estimate of commitments.
my guess is 8% is low end 11% is high end

Exactly. Think of schools like Northeastern that underestimated yield one year lol. It is very likely that colleges might be overly pessimistic or optimistic.

so let’s hope that the accepted kids committed elsewhere and vandy is taking a long time to release waitlists because they’re trying to fill more spots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree. I just find it so weird that nothing has happened yet so something must be going on.

Keeping hopes up for sure

It hasn’t been after May 3rd in many years.

i expected it to come yesterday or the day before

Same. It didn’t come the previous days but now it hasn’t come today so what the heck lol

I’ve been lurking in this chat for the past week or so and I wanted to thank all of you for making
me feel less alone in this process! It’s reassuring to know there are other people as frazzled as me lol

5 Likes

why can’t they just have confirmed waves. im so tired of predicting lol