Vassar Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to Vassar in 2022? This is a space for the members of the class of 2026 to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How do your stats compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Vassar 2021 Admissions Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 73%
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 64%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 40%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like admissions and decisions dates and additional stats. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. To make changes, just click Edit in the lower right corner.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Vassar, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

Does anyone know whether Vassar is doing interviews (alumni or otherwise) and how important they are in Vassar’s consideration of an applicant?

All this info for each school is available on their admission websites. You can also go to c7 of the Common Data Set to determine importance.

https://www.vassar.edu/admissions/apply/requirements/interviews

1 Like

Hi gablesdad - yes Vassar is conducting alum interviews. As an alum interviewer, we had a record number of requests for interviews in 2020/21 in my state. It looks like we will be inundated with requests this year as well.

The interviews are informational rather than evaluative. Every little bit can help, but in my 25+ years of interviewing Vassar applicants, these brief meetings can have an impact on only very rare occasions.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks so much. D22 registered for an interview and is waiting to hear. Do you recall around what time they get around to doing them?

Hi there - interviews are taking place now until March. Last year, we had a 75% increase in requests for interviews in my little New England state and I expect that we’ll have another year of high demand. If you get an interview - great, your daughter is almost guaranteed to have a fantastic conversation with a Vassar alum. If it’s not possible, don’t worry because it won’t affect her chances.

1 Like

Does anyone know on what date Vassar announced RD decisions in 2021?

I’d like to know this too!

1 Like

March 31 according to this article.

Vassar Class of ’25 most competitive year yet for applicants – The Miscellany News

1 Like

This is a year old and applies to the students who were admitted Fall 2021

Yes - this was the question from @gablesdad and you stated you’d like to know this too. That’s what was asked - for last year. Not when is it coming this year.

Does anyone know on what date Vassar announced RD decisions in 2021?

1 Like

You are right! I misread it!

1 Like

My portal is now empty and says "At this late stage in the application process, this online application checklist is closed. You will receive an email with details on checking your decision closer to the notification date. ", so I’m thinking it will come out within the next week or so!

2 Likes

My daughter’s portal says the same thing. It’s exciting to see some activity. Hoping that decisions come sooner rather than later!

1 Like

Definitely! Last year’s came out on March 31st but in the past they’ve typically been March 26th! My guess is one day next week hopefully!

2 Likes

do we think it will be this friday?

I have no idea-- radio silence from Vassar.

kmcbride98/ I saw you on the Wellesley thread too-- we must be looking for decisions from the same sorts of schools. I know MHO is tomorrow, and Smith is Friday Haven’t heard anything from Vassar or Bryn Mawr, although someone said Bryn Mawr is “later this week” whatever that means! We are also still waiting on William & Mary and Brown. I know Brown is 3/31 but have no idea on W&M. Who are you still waiting on?

Also waiting on Brown Vassar Smith for D

1 Like