VCU Transcripts

S24 applied to VCU considering rolling admissions. Portal shows transcript pending. Does this mean the application will not be reviewed for rolling decision until transcript is sent by school? My school is going by the deadlines like 11/01 not necessarily rolling. Any suggestions on how to pursue? Thanks

Tell S24 to ask GC to send transcripts

So you don’t have a system, like parchment, where you order them? Otherwise, yes, the school has to have a process for sending.

And don’t forget, they may be sent but perhaps VCU hasn’t yet downloaded them.

So that’s another possibility.

But I can’t imagine a school saying - we’re just going to hold everyone’s transcripts til 11/1. Makes no sense.

Definitely go talk to the GC if it’s a manual process.

Thank you all. S24 got admission into VCU undergrad. She has been waiting to apply to Honors along with GAPas it’s the same application prompts that way and it will be considered first for GAP and then for Honors.
Question is , should my kid submit the honors and GAP ASAP or ok to submit a week before 11/01? Since rolling UG admission is complete should we try to submit honors ASAP? Just as fyi GAP could be a long shot as they seem to consider valedictorians etc. Although S24 is great on research GPA is moderate . Please suggest on timing .She is 80% close ti finishing the application and your suggestion will help prioritizing.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.