Villanova Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Same question here but I think the answer is yes write it unless the specifically ask you not to.

1 Like

Definitely write a letter of continued interest. Doesn’t need to be immediately. Add any updates, awards etc
that are new since you applied. Reiterate that’s it’s your first choice and that you’d attend if admitted (if that’s the case) or that you’re very interested in attending if it’s in the running
or along those lines.

1 Like

Is it sent from inside the portal or you email it to the generic admissions email address?

Usually email it directly to the admissions office. You can confirm with your guidance counselor, in case your school has a different system.

1 Like

Did anyone here apply for the Presidential Scholars program? Apparently “All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of the month,” so notifications should come soon.

1 Like

My S22 did. Waiting in pins and needles. He loves Villanova but we are donut hole.

1 Like

which school? South Jersey school?

what part of the country?

So Cal

I hope she got good news at Richmond. From what I have read that was a brutal deferral list also. Villanova and Richmond (and now it seems Northeastern) have deferred so many kids with great stats.

1 Like

Our Son got his 1st acceptance last night. Northeastern wt $20k/year Dean’s Scholarship. After getting deferred from Villanova. We are very happy.

12 Likes

She did get in to Richmond but I had heard that about the deferrals too. What a crazy year. I heard Northeastern had 50,000 early action applications and only had a 6% acceptance rate! Insane!

1 Like

Congrats!!

I agree that none of those sound like safeties to me even with great stats. My son has tremendous stats and was admitted EA but we had viewed Villanova as a target regardless given the acceptance rate.

1 Like

D22 got accepted EA to Villanova Business School. I was wondering if it’s a competitive program and if anyone has heard of good outcomes after college? Thank you.

The best place I found to compare outcomes is the government’s College Scorecard since they see tax records from all students who got federal financial aid - so its a level playing field and they look at outcomes 2 years after graduation. VSB has very good outcomes, but check it out and compare other colleges and majors for yourself. I included a link for their BS in Finance below which I believe is their most popular business degree.

2 Likes

Congratulations - VSB is not an easy admit and among as competitive as it gets! Speaking from personal experience with two kids who were students at VSB, both secured IB jobs with highly respected firms - six figure base salaries upon graduation. Both also secured multiple great internships throughout their undergrad experience.

Those placements are not automatic - you need to be a top student (among many good students), and motivated. The formal education and faculty at VSB are terrific (they actually mentor), but the extracurricular business societies provide real world education that takes the program over the top. The school has made efforts (with some success) to level the playing field for admission into these societies. Yes, entrance is competitive for some of them, but if the student is serious and puts forth reasonable effort and preparation when applying/interviewing, they have a good shot at getting into at least one. They are extremely valuable for networking, access to highly desirable companies and most importantly connecting with your classmates in a constructive manner.

Villanova is a great school - it’s obviously expensive, but from our experience it was worth every penny. Both kids successfully launched (and some).

1 Like

Hi! Great to hear you had such a good experience for both of your kids at Villanova. My son was admitted to Villanova Engineering and am wondering what you know about that. Thank you.

Seems more likely that business major was just really competitive this year.

It is always a lower acceptance rate than the overall school from what I have heard.