Virginia Tech 2022 Waitlist

Hello all - Can we please use this thread to update each other on Virginia tech waitlist pull for 2022 ?

2 Likes

Thank you! Our son was waitlisted in February after applying early action. Anxious to hear when and if VT starts pulling from the list. He’s committed to JMU but would likely change if offered a spot at tech.

2 Likes

I hear you @merkmom . Waiting game is so tedious . Heard many students were waitlisted this year . Not sure what the criteria is ? Let us hope for the best !!

Thank you for starting this. My son has also committed elsewhere but would accept a VT offer in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Following. Thought students couldn’t commit elsewhere and withdraw to accept somewhere else? Son is also waitlisted and can go to JMU but considering Northern Virginia Community College path to Tech or UVA. Also considering a UF PACE offer.

1 Like

There’s technically no restriction on deciding to withdraw acceptance from one school if pulled from the wait list for a more preferred school. I believe that usually the penalty is not getting your matriculation fee back.

He could always transfer to VT after attending JMU. I know tons of families with students at both schools.

1 Like

My son was deferred EA then waitlisted. Surprising since he had a summer internship through VA Tech last summer and is a high stat kid. Got caught in the numbers crunch I guess. He is following their advice and planning on putting a deposit down elsewhere. Hopefully he hears before mid July as they indicated.

1 Like

My DS applied ED, was deferred to EA, and now sits on the waitlist for Engineering. We are in NoVA, and not an UM or first time college attendee. He just got back from Pitt visit, and did not like the urban setting. His first choice is still VT, but he just accepted admission to PSU engineering. He really liked it there when he visited last month, but the tuition swing is substantial. So….we wait.

2 Likes

Good luck @GoldMomVA - hope your son gets in off the waitlist. We are from DC so are OOS everywhere and don’t have an in-state tuition option. Knowing the difference between the two I hope your son gets in soon.

2 Likes

Looking into the trend from last year , they probably will start pulling from waitlist around this time ?
it would be great if we can update each other here if any news comes in about waitlist pull .

5 Likes

Unfortunately I wouldn’t base any assumptions on last year’s posts, as it was a pandemic related admissions cycle. With C19 issues being less of a concern, you could see far fewer students giving a “no thanks” to their offer vs. last year, which could mean more are still aid-shopping and running their decision up to the matriculation deadline. If you look at prior to 2021 waitlist threads you will also see that there is not a consistent trend in terms of when waitlist pulls were offered, or for what programs. It’s not a linear process, so if you see posts showing pulls/offers for Program A, it literally has no bearing on Program B. And that’s at the most basic level, not including the add’l nuances in terms of how the university wants to build their incoming class by program.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if they post waitlist decisions in the portal or email first? Or is it both at once?

From what I have seen from students who posted last year, it seems the students get an email telling them to check their portal.

3 Likes

Let’s hope for the very best :pray:

1 Like

My son got off the waitlist today. OOS Pamplin. He got an email to check the portal.

5 Likes

Any one got off from the Engg waitlist?

Delete .

Our son was waitlisted and just found out today that he was accepted. Now we wait and see what they can offer financially (the announcement in his portal said he would be getting his financial details on April 20th).

OOS Pamplin waiting list. Accepted yesterday.
No mention of financial aid in our letter of acceptance or anywhere else on our portal. Good to see someone else received that information - their information release date is 4-20.

1 Like

Congratulations for all those who got off . :clap:Hopefully we can see movement for instate kids as well . :pray:
We are instate and waitlisted for pamplin .

Those who got off waitlist can they please share the SAT/ GPA scores ?

3 Likes