Virginia Tech Business School

<p>My daughter is interested in attending Virginia Tech, but she is not interested in computers or engineering, but wants to go into Marketing. We live in Atlanta. We are concerned that going to Virginia Tech for a business degree is not worth the out-of-state tuition. She has no interest in going to school in Georgia. Can someone give me some feedback into how good the business school is at VTech, and how highly it is thought of or ranked? She has already been accepted at U. of Maryland and Miami of Ohio. Thanks!</p>

<p>I don’t think that any of the universities you mentioned are worth the extra OOS tuition cost for a marketing degree. If cost/value was a real concern then she would be best served by UGA or GT. I’d say that the Pamplin College of Business is on par with U of Maryland College Park. I’m not familiar with Miami of Ohio. </p>

<p>Many companies come to recruit Pamplin graduates. The most sought after degrees are Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Business Information Systems, and Finance.</p>

<p>Thanks for your input. Just so I can understand where you are coming from, are you a parent, student, administrator? And if admin, what field?</p>

<p>Parent VT alum graduate from Pamplin.</p>