Virginia Tech Class of 2013

<p>Well, I looked around and saw that nobody has made a thread like this, so I decided to make it. This is for all the people who have been admitted (ED) or who are pretty sure they will get in and go there. I've already been admitted into the College of Engineering (ED), and I accepted the offer. I am currently trying to get some financial aid (OOS student = expensive), and I think I will be able to get some. Anyways, hopefully we can keep this thread alive for those who get admitted under regular decision.</p>

<p>Congrats! I'll be entering this fall as a graduate student in the College of Engineering also. I'm extremely excited! I just have to finish this last and never ending semester of undergraduate work. blah.</p>

<p>I was also accepted ED and can't wait until August!</p>

<p>I am out of state also and pretty sure I will get in. I have a question though, how good is Va Tech with financial aid?</p>

<p>Well, if you're a white male OOS student with high demonstrated financial need and things haven't changed in the last couple years you can expect a SEMESTER package similar to:
Fed Ford Direct Sub Loan
Federal Perkins Loan Fund
WVOFFF Funds for the Future
WVTG2 Virginia Tech Grant
1,725.00</p>

<p>bumppppppppppppppp</p>

<p>well hey maybe i migt go tech not sure yet</p>

<p>i hate when people bump. it's not all about you.</p>

<p>First school to hear from! Architecture woo! I most likely will go here! It feels so good to know I'm going somewhere! congrats to everyone so far!</p>

<p>Congratulations soccergy91! Isn't it great when you get that first acceptance letter?! I vividly remember my son's response when he received his first acceptance letter last year- he was so relieved.... I had no idea he was so worried about getting into his schools. Architecture at VT is very strong. I wish you all the best.....bring on that So Cal attitude/perspective to Blacksburg, VA :)</p>

<p>haha, I got in. really cool. OOS: MD</p>

<p>Thx KandKsmom, I was completely relieved to get it. It is one of the best feelings ever!</p>

<p>I understand orientation dates are based on your major. If you can not attend the orientation date you are assigned to, will you be able to request a new date?</p>

<p>I was accepted as a physics major and am currently awaiting my university honors notification, not entirely sure if I will attend because its mostly based off financial aid but I've heard that university honors helps get you a little extra money</p>