Virginia tech Class of 2019 regular decision Thread

No info on past merit aid, unfortunately. We also need a good offer to make it realistic. My S wants to do many study abroad opportunities which may cost a bit. Hey NJ2011mom, what other business schools did your ason apply to?

Maryland (rejected), Rutgers (deferred until 2q grades)

He changed his major intention from engineering mid December, so other applications are not business. Also accepted So far to Vermont in school of natural resources.

D1 got her admission.
3.82 uw/4.82 w
700 CR/790 M/780 W
Virginia resident
Math/science (non engineering) major

Accepted to architecture
GPA: 3.83 weighted, 3.41 UW (after mid-year report, 3.93/3.51 UW)
ACT: 33 35E 35M 28R 33S, and 34 superscored
SAT: 2090 660CR 740M 690W
Out of state, California :slight_smile:
Hispanic male

Accepted today. But I don’t know if I got into engineering since it didn’t say anything online.
Sat 1120/1580
Sat level twos
Math II: 740
Physics: 690

Toefl: 95

25 on ACT
GPA: 3.43/3.93

AP classes: Stats. emag. Mechanics. Calc BC and AB

So how do you know if you got into the intended major?

@C1TonDoe‌ If you got in during this round of admissions decisions, you got into your preferred major. Congrats!

Does Tech not solely release on the days they announced? Curious after seeing people getting in on days after the 20th.

@skdoss‌ I would love to know this as well. My sons application hasn’t changed yet online but I assume we won’t know until they release again on March 20th.

I just checked today and found out I was admitted into VT! When do we find out if we were admitted into the Honors Program? I’m an out of state applicant if that matters at all.

Just realized I had been accepted today.
1420/1600 (760 CR/660M)
3.76UW/4.62W GPA
OOS, applied in late November.

Anybody get a tangible acceptance letter in the mail yet? Also echoing the poster above about the Honors College, along with merit aid - does anybody know when merit aid letters/Honors College decisions come out?

@C1TonDoe‌ , Mind if I ask if you are IS or OOS?

When I logged in to check my acceptance it also just says offered admissions. I have also applied to general engineering as my first choice and was wondering if this means that I am accepted to the general engineering program?

Son Admitted to College of Engineering. No email, no mail, nothing. Strange. But happy! Congrats to all so far! He is OOS.

admitted to college of engineering
OOS, 3.9 uw, 4.1 w, 2180 sat, 760 m2

I am OOS

So I applied for Mechanical Engineering and I checked my portal today to see if I got accepted and all it says is:
Admission Term: Fall 2015
Admission Type: Regular Freshman Applicant
Decision: Offered Admission
Does that mean I got in for engineering? I’m a little confused, haha.

If you have been offered admission, you are admitted to the school you applied to.

^ probz. congrats!

I was accepted on the 20th but I haven’t received an admissions packet. I was wondering if anyone had received the official packet in the mail. What does it have in it?

My son just received his packet in the mail today. We live in the Hampton Road and given the snow we’ve had this week I’m guessing it was mailed no later than Tuesday.