gpa: 3.8
sat:2060 M:660 CR:710
5 ap classes
lots of ec’s
in state female

I got Waitlisted :confused:

I was waitlisted too…
I guess it’s better than a rejection :frowning:

I got accepted! But I got a huge question about Financial Aid. How do I know if it got through? Will Tech send me a mail or something to show me how much FA I’m getting or do I need to do something myself to check?

What if the status on your page is still not updated???. It’s 630 pm and no change. It said early decision applicant and has nothing about status or decision. First choice engineering. 33 act. 1380 sat.

Accepted to engineering, in-state (NOVA)
GPA: 3.97 W
ACT: 34
8 APs, 2 post-AP classes
Good extracurriculars

Accepted to Business (Finance) Out of State - NJ
GPA: 3.5
ACT: 23
SAT: M - 550
CR- 530
W - 520
I got into contact with Mildred Johnson (the Director of Undergrad Admissions) over twitter a few months ago and she responded back to me. Today she called me personally to notify me of my acceptance an hour before the decisions were released.

*** TO FUTURE HOKIES : Show enthusiasm! They want to see that you want to go to VT and that you are dedicated. In your essay/short answer questions on the application, show your love for VT and how you can help the Hokie community and fulfill their motto of “Ut Prosim” (That I May Serve). Go out of your way and visit the school to talk to the admissions directors personally. It will truly go far and get you noticed, as it did for me.

S got accepted general studies but not Engineering:
GPA W4.3
ACT 33
SAT 2080
APs 7
In state (Cosby 49/517)
Good extra curricular, community, varsity sports
He’s been accepted to two good engineering schools out of state with good financial aid. Very frustrating. Is there an appeal process or anything? Hate to go out of state but he wants and is geared for Engineering. Any advice?

@Jedamesswa22 Quick question… how did you get in contact with her? like what did you say?

@geoff1212‌ Yikes. That just doesn’t seem right. could it have been the course load? Did he have high level math, physics? Anyway, start with your guidance counselor. I’ve heard that was successful with another in-state kid.

Geog1212: can’t believe he wasn’t a direct admit to engineering Look at some of the other threads on this. I think he could take the freshman engineering foundation class at a local community college and still be on track. Supposedly many have done this in past.

The VT Web site for Admissions says Financial Aid Award letters/packages will be posted on the application status page site by March 25th for Admitted Students. So check back then.

The VT Web Site for Admissions states that the Financial Aid Award Letters/Packages for Admitted Students will be posted on the Web site by March 25th for Admitted Students. Check back then and Call them Financial Aid Office if not posted then.

What were your stats?

What were your stats for those admitted or waitlisted?

@SQBrit‌ not completely sure on that one… my friend who was admitted just had a green column underneath his application thing saying he had been accepted… could anyone elaborate on that?

Waitlisted
3.6 Wgpa
590R/580M
I was expecting to be denied so I wasn’t too upset

Thanks for the great advice. He will have the counsellor look to make sure everything with the application was correct. Is there actually a wait list for Engineering? Is there a way he can challenge/appeal this on his own without the counselor?

@geoff1212 I dont know if you got an answer to why your son was not accepted into to engineering but I was recently emailing someone from there and they said engineering is already full so that is probably why.