Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

Waitlisted In state
1540 SAT
3.5 GPA

Accepted to computer engineering!!! International student!

3 Likes

D Accepted
OOS (NJ)
Engineering (Industrial)
ACT: 35
GPA: ~3.92 UW (school doesn’t weight)
Competitive STEM magnet school
All classes Honors/AP/DE
School doesn’t rank
$3K merit renewable

1 Like

Accepted in Texas for Engineering!

3 Likes

Son accepted OOS. Engineering (MechE).
ACT:33
GPA: 3.98 UW, 4.75 W
10 APs
Job, wrestling, tennis
No rank

3 Likes

Daughter accepted OOS with VT scholar merit of 3,000 per year renewable. It’s listed in the Financial Award section on her portal.

3 Likes

42,000 applicants… wow. When my oldest daughter was accepted two years ago they had 31,000 applicants

1 Like

3.96 W (a little lower than average but circumstances were explained in counselor letter), 1450 SAT, 24+hrs/week job, quite a few other ECs

ok what?? my twin sister got into the honors college but I didnt?? I did better on the SAT than her and I got better grades??? and shes already committed to another college, im the one actually considering vt??

MHS 87.

Son accepted, but headed to Clemson.

is the cost of attendance on the financial aid portal updated and everything? mine is telling me 29k and Im OOS so surpised

Its quite obvious from the responses here that VA Tech could care less about in state students. They are after the money from out of state students because it looks like a majority of the accepted students are from OOS. I have lost so much respect for this school in the last 20 mins.

2 Likes

We have never understood how they select for honors college. It is very random. Sorry about that! But congrats on getting in!

Does it say renewable? My son got the Provost Achievement award no mention of renewable.

1 Like

is the cost of attendance in financial aid portal accurate?

Are merit scholarship decisions out yet??

1 Like

My D was not accepted to VT’s Honors College but was accepted to Purdue’s. That will play a huge role in her decision.

Getting 0 aid>>>>

3 Likes

I really wonder if their acceptance rate was almost cut in half or something. I know another in-state waitlisted person

its in the financial portal on the right hand side