Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

Thank you @vtadmissions and @shenval18 and @rbc2018

To clarify, my son currently has first quarter grades and his semester (midyear) grades come out at the end of January. I suppose we’d need to know if either or both of these need to be entered in SRAR.

Thanks all!

@DoingOurBest --Good question. My S did not give a grade and picked ‘In Progress’ on the SRAR because the credit for the course has not yet been awarded since the course is not over. He’s on a block schedule this year and the first classes end mid-Jan. I suppose it’s possible VT will ask for a mid-year report, in which case this semester’s grades would be ‘final.’

I hope he did this right!

Think you’re probably just fine, but the admissions rep who’s been posting recently will be able to clarify (a very welcome development btw). My posts are based on history prior to SRAR and 1st year that they went to coalition and SRAR format.

I believe in the SRAR it specifically said not to report a grade unless the course was completed. So I listed all Q1 courses as In Progress as grades are not final grades. That’s the way I understood it, anyway. I would have loved to include grades as this was the strongest quarter ever but I didn’t want to be penalized for not following directions :smile:

Senior year courses should be listed as in progress. We do not use mid-year grades in our process, so the only time your student needs to log back in is if they are offered admission and accept that offer to enter their final grades. Hope that helps!

10 Likes

Thank you

Mid year grades have never had to be entered into SRAR

Always great when we hear right from the source - thank you VTAdmissions

2 Likes

@cbl1 3 years ago there was no SRAR; 2 years ago there was; last year there wasn’t…it’s been a bit of a moving target, so I’m glad VT Admissions clarified for people who were confused!

Awesome…thanks for the response!

1 Like

@VTAdmissions my daughter marked interest on her application about the honors college. She will not receive her decision until February. She applied EA. On the website, scholarships have a Dec 15th deadline. Should she apply without a decision? We are confused. TY

@Aimeenut From what I saw the general scholarship app is due 1/22. Are you talking about something else?

https://vt.academicworks.com/

Son received an email about honors college scholarship deadlines coming up. Confused how he can apply for these if not yet admitted to VT, let alone the honors college.

Any suggestions? @VTAdmissions

For some schools, I think you can apply to the honors college during your common application for consideration. Others have their own process after you apply, others still after you get accepted. Regardless I think that if you think your child would be interested in the honors college it can’t hurt to apply.

We are asking about the scholarships. She already checked she is interested.

1 Like

Hi there - you should not wait for an admission decision or Honors College decision before applying for scholarships. The deadline for Honors College scholarships is 12/15 and for the General Scholarship Applicaiton it is 1/22.

2 Likes

@VTAdmissions thank you

My son applied ED and just found out he was deferred to the engineering school. Is there anything he can do to help his chances of being accepted?

My son applied EA for HNFE. He didn’t report his SAT. VT claims that it’s not required and it won’t hurt him. Is this true?

How heavily is class rigor considered? He took 75% dual-enrollment classes in his junior year and is taking 100% dual-enrollment in his senior year.

Even if senior grades are not reported, is this senior class rigor of senior year taken into account at all?

Thanks!