Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

@VTAdmissions - Can a student go in and update their SRAR with mid-year grades?

Hi there - we do not use mid-year grades in our process. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the quick response. It does help! Go Hokies!!

What GPA is needed to get into engineering?

@Ftttre I don’t think anyone can give an absolute answer for that, but it is very competitive and I believe they look at math and science grades (and rigor) in particular.

Yes- I agree. Taking Physics C and Calc BC senior year. 3.9 UW 4.6w
Play 2 varsity sports with lots of community service hours.

@VTAdmissions is there a way to submit supplemental materials such as writing sample or research abstract ?

@Ftttre Are you in-state? If so, which area? Also, are you submitting scores? You definitely have strong GPA and rigor based on what little you’ve told us. It is more competitive coming from more densely populated regions like NOVA, but I think you will be competitive. Good luck!

OOS- applying test optional. SAT/ACT cancelled many times here in CT.

No, we do not use those in our review process.

@VTAdmissions, if we complete an IB course in first semester, do you look at that grade and if you do, how do we send it to you?

We do not use mid-year grades in our process so no need to send it! Hope that helps.

3 Likes

It sure does! Thank you and go Hokies!!!

Perhaps now that the deadline has passed for early decision applicants to commit, we will see a jump in early action decisions!

1 Like

Early Action historically all decisions are released right about the day they say - not earlier.

Seems like so long to wait but hopefully it will result in good news :slight_smile:

Since a chance me for the class of 2025 hasn’t been created yet imma just say it here:
Hi I’m a northern VA student and I got deferred early decision at VT. My decision has been moved down to Early action. And I just want the community to see how good of a chance I have of getting in through Early action:
GPA 3.22 (weighted) has an upward trend in grades and course rigor throughout the years.
Major chosen: University Studies (undecided)
Optional SAT/ ACT this year so I don’t have any of those scores.
I have 6 extracurriculars: including football, club, international traveling for educational purposes, part time job, donation.
My senior year classes: AP Psychology, AP GOVERNMENT, AP physics 2, AP computer science, English 12 Dual Enrollment, Engineering honors, pre calc.
Junior year I took 3 honors classes.

Does anyone know if VT offers good merit aid for OOS students? My daughter has three offers so far from OOS flagship schools 2 have provided generous merit and 1 provided none. We did not fill out FASFA form.

Typically not. My older son (OOS) was admitted to engineering and the honors program in 2018 without any merit.

@CSJA2025 Things may have changed over the past couple of years, but historically VT does not offer huge amounts of merit aid.