Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Fall 2022 admission Early Decision (ED) deadline for Virginia Tech is November 1.

(Source)

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by January 15. Last year, Virginia Tech admitted 1,276 of the 2,243 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 56.89%.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Virginia Tech is December 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by February 22. Last year, Virginia Tech admitted 14,801 of the 19,227 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 76.98%. For more information visit the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Virginia Tech applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University? Why Virginia Tech? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Virginia Tech topics visit the virginia-polytechnic-institute-and-state-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Virginia Tech Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Anyone have any stats on exploring college of architecture major? Saw in a preso over 1,000 applications for 120 spots for architecture program and wondering if exploring major is similarly brutal.

Bridgie04, where did you see these numbers? Our son applied ED to the architecture program and is eagerly waiting to here back, but these numbers make me extremely nervous.

Not sure where those stats re: 1,000 apps for 120 spots would have come from. Last year there were 2,695 applicants, 1,155 offered admission, and 351 enrolled. 42% offer rate.

Strategic Analysis | University DataCommons | Virginia Tech (vt.edu)

1 Like

I’ve been a VT dad now for 5 years. Oldest child graduated from VT 1 year ago. Now I have a child applying early decision this fall. I KNOW I KNOW they say you will hear by Jan 15. But EVERY year for the last many years, the announcement came out between Dec 11 and Dec 16. Always on a Friday afternoon. Always. So…anyone have any insight on whether it will be Dec 10 or Dec 17 this year? I am cautiously optimistic about my son’s chances, and I need to know if I have to pay expedited shipping to get his swag in time ;).

1 Like

I was assuming Dec. 17, same boat here. However, December 10th would be very nice!!!

1 Like

The deadline to accept the offer is January 15th according to Dates & Deadlines for 2022-2023 | Virginia Tech so they must response before that.
I know I read somewhere that we should hear by December 15th, but now I can’t find where I got that info from. Either way, we’ve been expecting to hear by Dec 15th.

It’s always been a Friday, so think 12/17 or 12/10 more likely.

2 Likes

The VT application and acceptance dates posted here are incorrect. According to the VT website, the Early Decision (ED-which is binding if accepted) deadline for VT was Nov 1, and the notification is supposed to be by mid-December. The Early Action (EA-which is not binding) deadline for VT was Dec 1, and notification is Jan 15.

1 Like

I heard Dec 15th somewhere, as well, and also cannot remember where I saw/heard it. I hope they notify on Dec 10th – would be nice. My son is very antsy to find out, as is everyone.

Found it. Under “Applying for Early Decision” It says on this page that early decision applicants " Early Decision applicants will be notified of their admission decision by mid-December and a deposit must be paid by January 15 ."

https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/policies.html

So, if that’s the case and it normally comes out on Friday, I guess we should all know this Friday? :grimacing:

1 Like

The website says notification for Early Action is late February. I wish it was January 15th!!!

Last year ED came out Friday, 12/11 which equates to Friday, 12/10 this year. :relaxed: So we are anxiously hoping it will happen then. The other factor we’re considering is last day of finals this year is December 15 (we have a current Hokie too) so we’re hoping they will send them by then so they can all go on break. Good luck to all!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It’s tomorrow for sure. Just announced. Woo hoo!

What? Where was it announced that tomorrow is the date for early decision results??

Where did you see this?

I can confirm!
https://twitter.com/juanmorehokie/status/1469109582651924490?s=21

He is director of undergraduate admissions.

6 Likes

Feeling nervous for my son :grimacing:

2 Likes

SAME boat here for my daughter! :fearful: Good luck to all these kids!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes