Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes you should see any merit along with your decision (and I believe also an honors college decision). Not sure about FA.

Regarding honors - even if your kid doesn’t get in as a freshman (my D did not), VT will invite them to apply after 1st semester if they get above a certain gpa (I’m guessing a 3.4 or above since that’s the Dean’s List cutoff). My daughter was invited to apply after last semester but decided not to after talking to a friend who is in the honors program. I believe they will receive the invite each semester that they have a qualifying gpa, so there are multiple opportunities to apply.

2 Likes

Where was it announced that decisions come out today?

Twitter @JuanMoreHokie, there is a screenshot located above.

1 Like

Questions: I am assuming there can not be a deferral since the regular decision is so close in March?
Also, does anyone know if there is a wait list forT ech?

I believe there is! I remember seeing it on the VT website somewhere.

Just curious what thoughts your daughter and her friend in honors shared about the program.

Both Waitlist and Defer?

@jnksmimzy @karol_bueno An applicant can still be deferred to RD - there were several instances of that each year that VT has been in a 3-tier format. And an applicant can be wait listed, although there weren’t many pulls from the waitlist the past couple years.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. This is nerve-racking and I am only the mom !

2 Likes

I don’t think she saw much value in it for her, personally. There’s some extra coursework involved and she’s already double majoring and doesn’t want to add to her plate. She didn’t get the impression from her friend that any specific benefit stood out (her friend is an architecture student and already has a heavy workload). That’s just her though - there seems to be a lot of research opportunities which may be more appealing to someone in a STEM major.

The entry gpa for current students is actually 3.6 and it looks like they can apply at any time (they have to submit a resume & essay), so if she changes her mind, she can always apply. If you’re on the parent Facebook page, you can do a search for the honors program and probably get more information and impressions.

1 Like

The best thing to keep in mind is that there are lots of great options regardless of today’s outcome, and kids seem to take any negative news better than the parents do sometimes. Plenty of kids thrive at their 2nd or even 3rd choice school, and a deferral or waitlist assignment isn’t a slight… the school was just looking for something different at that given time.

15 Likes

They just posted that EA decisions will come out today 2/18 at 5 pm

6 Likes

Thank you all! So helpful to have this community. Good luck to everyone.

3 Likes

So no “Portal Surveillance” for VT?? :slight_smile:

Hard to do ‘portal astrology’ on a bare portal with nothing much.

1 Like

I’m still not 100% they even have my application!

No early results so far……

EA Decisions are out!! Good Luck!!

We didn’t get any honors college or merit aid decision

Yes! Got in!

4 Likes