Virginia Tech Early Decision 2012

<p>Hey everyone. Does anyone know if we hear a few days before dec 15?</p>

<p>My admissions person said she thought that it would not be early - it would be right at December 15th. Good luck.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the minimum math SAT cut off score for Virginia Tech engineering applicants was last year? was it 600? Thanks.</p>

<p>The score we were told during an admissions chat last April was a 650 minimum for the math SAT last year for the e’school.</p>

<p>Yellowcar1, do you know if they have to post it online a few days before the 15th because they have to send them in the mail prior to that date so the letters arrive in the mail by the 15th? Especially because its on a Saturday this year</p>

<p>When we were at VT this summer at an info session, we asked a roaming admissions officer (I think he was responsibile for the southwestern part of VA) about the dates for notification. He said that they usually send the notification letters out via mail on December 13th so that they arrive the same day that the electronic notification is made (December 15th).</p>

<p>The previous two years the ED notifications have been released online 12/12/11, and 12/10/10. There was some speculation that the 2011 ED decisions would be released on 12/9/11 following the pattern of releasing on the Friday prior to the 15th, however there was a shooting incident on campus last December on 12/08/11 that may or may not have delayed the release of the decisions (ie the intended date may have been the 12th all along). Read into it what you will. </p>

<p>An expectation of an online release 12/14/12 at 5pm would be a safe bet.</p>

<p>Note: If you go back far enough in this forum you can find all the information above if you wish to verify.</p>

<p>Great information. Thanks blueigana!</p>

<p>Where exactly do you see the decision? Is it on the portal they give or is it an email?</p>

<p>You’re going to log into your portal.</p>

<p>I thought it came in the mail?</p>

<p>Well I think they post it online and send it in the mail too.</p>

<p>I am trying to remember the exact chain of events that happened with our son 5 years ago. The admissions office could have changed things in the time since, but I believe he received an email stating there had been an update to his application. (I do remember it was right about dinner time because he was dripping wet after swim practice! :slight_smile: He then went to the portal site, logged in and saw the result. I think blueiguana is right in her target date. With the 15th falling on a Saturday, Friday the 14th at 5 is most likely. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!</p>

<p>I have a question - For VT early decision responses… If you are not selected for your first choice major (mine is engineering), can you be accepted ED into your second choice major (mine is University Studies).<br>
Or are ED responses only geared toward your first choice school? (so if you don’t get in to your first choice major - they won’t consider a second choice until regular decision?)</p>

<p>I have been wondering that same think myself, and have read from other forum users that VT will look at your second choice even for ED. </p>

<p>Does anyone know of a student who was admitted ED on their second choice major???</p>

<p>Anxiously awaiting 12/15!</p>

<p>I seem to remember VT admissions telling me that they would not accept you ED for your second choice major, you would be deferred to RD.</p>

<p>I was told to “like” the page for Virginia Tech Undergraduate Admissions on Facebook. Last year they put a message on that page letting applicants know to check their status online. The status is usually put online the same day the letters are mailed, and the letters should be mailed in time to arrive by the 15th. So I’m guessing the notification should come out by the 12th or 13th.</p>

<p>That’s a great idea hope2bhokie. I checked their admissions blog to see if they announced it there as well last year but they did not, and don’t seem to use it as actively.</p>

<p>Here’s a link to the fb page: <a href=“http://www.facebook.com/vtadmissions[/url]”>http://www.facebook.com/vtadmissions&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>and the admissions blog: [Admissions</a> Insights](<a href=“http://www.vtadmiss.blogspot.com%5DAdmissions”>http://www.vtadmiss.blogspot.com)</p>

<p>Don’t know when they put this up, but one of DD’s teachers showed it to her today. Straight from the VT admissions page, </p>

<p>“Attention Early Decision Applicants: If you have successfully set up your guest account, you will be able to view your admission decision on your application status page after 5 p.m., on Wednesday, December 12, 2012.”</p>

<p>Here we go! Good Luck everyone! :)</p>

<p>Comes out on the 12th at around 5, says so on the Virginia Tech Website under freshman admissions.</p>