Virginia Tech Early Decision Results

Son was also deferred from Engineering. Fingers crossed for him for the next round.

4.4 WGPA, 1290 SAT, 6 APs, 3 Dual, Central Virginia area.

Accepted to engineering and invited to honors college
3.96 UW 5.2W 15APs 1390 SAT leadership roll in NHS, lots of volunteer work, part time job, no sports, theatre

Accepted to Engineering
Female from NOVA
gpa (weighted): 4.16
33 ACT
7 AP’s: most are social sciences + foreign language, except AP Calc AB and AP Environmental

• 1 DE in physics
    Only leadership role is VP of a language honor society, in a couple of clubs, had a job at an steel engineering/construction place for 2 months over summer, in 2 honor societies, some sports but none are varsity, not much volunteering besides tutoring, no important honors or awards, did 2 essays and they were okay

My daughter applied early decision, but the guest account does not say accepted, deferred, or rejected. It states the term is Fall 2018, and admission type is Regular Freshman Applicant. Does this mean she was deferred to regular decision? I’m confused. There is no field which says “decision”.

@mednerd3 it sounds like she (mistakenly) applied as regular decision. if not, then perhaps her application was missing documents during early decision and she got switched to regular.

Hello, I applied regular decision but have gotten an email about the Davenport scholarship. Is it safe to assume that I’ve been accepted, or is this sent to all prospective engineering students? Thanks

@agentaquastar The email encouraging you to apply for the first round of the Davenport scholarship? Those go out to all prospective engineering students. And today they sent out emails to those invited and not invited to the second round. That email specified that the scholarship process was separate from the admissions process.

@NJEngDad Thank you!

Someone chance me!
White Female In-State but NOT from NOVA
3.7 GPA
1060 SAT (I know it’s low)
Legacy
100+ service hours
Cheerleading all 4 years of highschool
Clean disciplinary record
I applied to Criminology, hoping sense it’s not one of the more popular majors I’ll have a better chance with my SAT score:/ thank you!!