Virginia Tech Engineering Chances

Hi,

I applied Early Decision to Virginia Tech engineering and I am anxiously awaiting to hear back on December 15th, can anyone give me an idea of how my admissions decision might go down?

Out of State (Massachusetts)
AP Courses : AP US History, AP Economics (Macro and Micro), AP Physics B, AP Language/ Composition
AP Exams : AP US History : 5
Honors: Chemistry I Honors, Physics I Honors, English III Honors, French III Honors, Pre-Calculus Honors

GPA: 3.76 out of 4.0 at the end of Junior year, got a 4.45 weighted first quarter of senior year

ACT : Highest 28, super score 29 (VT has superscoring)
Math: 27
English : 30
Reading : 32
Science: 27

Wrote a personal statement about how I am currently taking pre-calculus honors but that I also have been teaching myself the basics of single variable calculus because I realize how important that is to be successful in a freshman engineering curriculum environment.

EC:

President of Engineering Club
Varsity Indoor Track
JV lacrosse captain
Student Council Representative
Students for Soldiers (Club)

Community Service:
30 Hours at the Greater Boston Food Bank
One week service trip to Belize City, Belize

Used 3/3 in the optional essays section.

Thank you!

Anyone?

Your courseload, gpa, and test scores are at or above their average admitted freshman; thus, you definitely look like a great candidate for VT. Although their Engineering program is harder to get into, I think you have a great shot of getting in it (they like OOS students too).

I bet you get in. Let us know. My son’s roommate at Tech is from MA and is an engineering major. Think about applying to a LLC. Living/Learning Community. They have them for engineering majors (Galileo) and other focuses. Some of them will guarantee you a dorm room for four years. Their dorms are generally the nicer ones with A/C. You apply when you’re applying for housing. Good luck.

My son had higher GPA and similar ACT, didn’t get into engineering 3 years ago but did get into the school. Your math score is on the low side, if you have A’s in math in school that will help offset that. Not sure what effect OOS has though, it might be a big plus. Good luck