Mostly AP classes, few honors
taken ap chem, ap physics, ap bio, ap calc bc
from central virginia
male
asian
good essays/extracurriculars

bump…

bump…

I don’t really know the factors that Tech weights the most but last years middle 50 SAT scores for males admitted to engineering was 1270-1350 so you are in the middle 50. You GPA is in the middle 50. I don’t know if your school ranks but almost 60% were in the top 10% of their class. Also, I assume your individual scores in Calculus, Chemistry and Physics would be important for engineering admittance. If your math and science scores are good I would think you have a good chance of getting in, especially as an in state student. Sorry I can’t help more.

@momofthree55 thank you!!

What is your math score on the sat. The average at VT engineering is about a 690 - 700. Also if you are getting an A in calc and physics, that will help.

@Luke.c.sar 700 on math

I would say you have a high chance of getting in, don’t stress too much.

@luke.c.sar my grades are slightly lower this year than past years which is why I am a little concerned. I will have a C in AP Chemistry. Also, my schedule is the most difficult as it can be at my school. only college level classes.

bump…

What is your unweighted GPA?

@bboop42 unweighted is around 3.6ish

@sj3412 Since you are applying to Engineering, look at your math and science grades specifically, do you have a high UW GPA in those classes to include physics, chemistry and calculus. How did you score on the AP exam in those classes? If your UW GPA in those AP classes is high and you scored well on the exams, I think you have a very good chance. The problem of course is that most students applying are very qualified, so it does become somewhat of a guessing game for those of us not directly involved with admissions. I would not want their job for anything. Fingers crossed for you.

@bboop42 Thank you so much! My grades in those classes are not spectacular, but they are decent. Hoping that its well enough lol

@sj3412 if Engineering is your dream, and VT does not work out, just remember there are many colleges in and out of Virginia that offer that degree. It may not be optimal to you, but it all does work out in the end. Best of luck.