Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>No don’t give up hope quite yet. There’s still some time because the date that they have to notify you by is still May 1st. I haven’t gotten a bird yet and I have a 3.46 GPA and my major is Human Development.</p>

<p>No sign of anything on my account for me :confused: Is that a bad sign? Just getting a little anxious…</p>

<p>I’m a Theater Arts & Cinema major, btw.</p>

<p>i talked to someone at admissions today and they said theres still a large group left that they’re going through and that I (most people) might not find out til the end of April</p>

<p>thanks Chelsea! that makes me feel better haha</p>

<p>I have a hokie bird on the first page too now but it is for financial aid. It says I have fiancial aid and I can see how much I recieved but I still havn’t got my official acceptance yet. Does this mean I’m in?</p>

<p>By the way anyone loosing hope shouldn’t there is still plenty of time and ive seen ppl from all gpa’s and stuff getting in. They probably just recently started transfer apps after the freshmen deadline.</p>

<p>If they’re offering you financial aid, you are definitely in. Congrats!</p>

<p>Hi guys I’m currently a freshman at JMU looking to transfer to Tech next fall and was wondering when the next wave of acceptance letters might be sent out? It’s driving me crazy and still no hokie bird haha</p>

<p>yeah i know theres still time before the May 1st deadline but i feel like if i dont hear back by the end of this week then im probably not going to get in…like i doubt theyre going to give a buncha acceptances right before the deadline…its probably going to be mostly denials. also zleader15 where do you live on campus?</p>

<p>Thats not true! I know last year friends of mine didnt get accepted until a week or few days before may 1st.</p>

<p>I live in Shorts Hall you? And yeah they might though there are a decent amount of spots.</p>

<p>i guess but i dont really want to be on the last day waiting to hear back…and i live across the lake from you in the treehouses</p>

<p>i have a hokie bird next to a link to my transfer credit evaluations, this showed up last sunday but still no letter or anything…it wasnt there before, is this similiar to the hokie bird admitted students see?</p>

<p>Yep! That’s the acceptance Hokie bird. What’s your major and gpa?</p>

<p>marketing, 3.1 gpa but i have at least 55 credits, all gen eds finished. i also got rejected last year, but only had a 2.8. pretty pumped for my acceptance letter then, but keeping fingers crossed till then just in case haha. one of my good friends is trying to get into tech’s engineering program, she is currently a sophomore at UVA and has a gpa that i think is better than mine, she is freaking out because no bird or anything yet, but im pretty confident she’ll get in</p>

<p>I literally just woke up from a horrible nightmare that I didn’t get in. I checked my page and HOKIE BIRD!</p>

<p>I’m an engineering major, currently going to an out of state private school. I am a Virginia resident. Submitted everything early February.</p>

<p>engVT15 that’s got to be a huge feeling of relief! Congratulations!</p>

<p>So jealous of all the hokie birds :(</p>

<p>Congratulations to all those who got the hokie bird, and for those who haven’t gotten them yet, just be patient…</p>

<p>When I got my hokie bird, it took about 5 days to get this…</p>

<p>[vt</a> | Flickr - Photo Sharing!](<a href=“vt | patsrule98 | Flickr”>vt | patsrule98 | Flickr)</p>

<p>And then a day or two later I got the letter in the mail.</p>

<p>i got my hokie bird over a week ago, and still havent heard anything…has it been this long for others?</p>

<p>@jnils, it was close to two weeks for me :)</p>