Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>Did anybody else get an email about a campus visit and about getting to know the campus and etc… Any science majors get that???</p>

<p>finally, i got the HOKIE BIRD!</p>

<p>@joshzh, what is your major and when did you complete your app? Im just trying to get a little status check on when I should hear some sort of decision.</p>

<p>I’m an engineering major and submitted my app around 15th Feb. 3.61 gpa after 46hrs. I emailed them yesterday but idk if it helps</p>

<p>has anyone called admissions recently? I heard that helps</p>

<p>got accepted to biochem and i dropped a non major class just now… called the office and emailed them but both lines are busy.
think i’ll get punished?</p>

<p>ps i did get the email to the science kids. cant make it the 20th</p>

<p>No, thawill, I don’t think you’ll get punished for that. Email just in case, but I can’t see why it would hurt you too much.</p>

<p>I am an oos transfer with a 3.3ish GPA. Just got my Hokie bird today. am not sure what it means exactly , but it’s better that waiting in vain !am an Engineering major and applied around Feb.14</p>

<p>I’ve got another question. I will have almost 60 credits after this semester, coming from two different schools: George Mason and community college. The hokie bird on my app status page links to credit evaluations from GMU, and today a message was posted saying my LFCC transfer transcripts were received but not yet evaluated. On the other page, it says they have been received adn processed on January 25. Under where it says they were not evaluated, it says “When evaluation is complete, the message block above will be deleted and the awarded credit will show below under “TRANSFER CREDITS”. Allow 30 working days (longer during peak season May-August) from the receipt of the transfer transcript for processing. If you have questions, contact the office of the University Registrar, <a href=“mailto:transfercredit@vt.edu”>transfercredit@vt.edu</a>.” I already e-mailed them, but im wondering if anyone else transferred from two different schools. I am worried that I won’t get my letter for another 30 days</p>

<p>Jnills- I am also coming from two different schools, I went to CNU last year and am now at a community college. I don’t have the hokie bird on my status page though so I can’t really relate to the message you are receiving. It sounds like they just haven’t yet evaluated your CC credits so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You are in good shape though for even getting the hokie bird, maybe try calling them tomorrow to figure out what exactly the message means.</p>

<p>Who still has not received the Hokie bird??</p>

<p>Me :wink: bio major 3.75 gpa, sent in all my stuff by 1/15. *******s.</p>

<p>ugh this sucksssssss. I seriously might call tomorrow and ask. I have a terrible feeling the girl who I sent my mid term grades in never added them to my file.</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten it yet. Studio art, 3.3. Had my app in by early Feb., but had to turn in midterm grades that got lost so they weren’t updated until 3/22.</p>

<p>how did you know they were updated then? did you get an email or did that show up on your status page?</p>

<p>I emailed to ask if everything was okay, and she said that the grades weren’t there, even though on my online profile it said they were there by 3/19. So I emailed her back with the grades I had at the time, and she said that she added it to my file. These are my CC grades btw. My grades from my previous school that I was at for over a year got there fine.
I’m so scared that I didn’t make it in. It’s my dream school. What are your stats?</p>

<p>And these are your mid term grades? I emailed mine to a lady too (from a cc) and she said she would add them to my file but mine don’t show up on my page or anything. I didn’t think they were supposed to. That’s why I want to call tomorrow and see if everything is okay because I fear thats why i haven’t heard anything. Um I applied for communications I only have like a 3.1 :&lt;/p>

<p>I’m kind of confused… is the hokie bird you guys are talking about the picture of a bird next to: Your Transfer Credit Evaluation may be complete ?? I just got an e-mail inviting admitted transfers to attend “Transfers in the KNOW” so I checked my application page and that’s what I saw. Does that mean you’re in?</p>

<h2>Yep. They’re midterms and they show up now. In the application I added two colleges, my current CC and my previous art school. So my requirements section on the application is listed like this:</h2>

<p>high school 10/26/09
final high school 2/02/2012 (I had to send it again)
college 1 (the CC) 3/19/2012<br>
college 2 savannah college of art and design 1/30/2012</p>

<h2>final UG college transcript (which is blank because I haven’t finished this semester yet)</h2>

<p>Then comes the SAT scores.
So your should look like this if you added two colleges to your application, your previous school and your CC.</p>

<p>Yes, Transfer615, that’s it. Congrats!</p>