Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>I got an email from the head of admissions and she said that my decision would be made on May 1st…still waiting…no bird…</p>

<p>@ Hokiex2.
I paid my deposit through echeck earlier and still waiting for an email from them. It normally takes one business day to complete the transaction. Once the transcaction is approved, i will receive an email from them and can proceed to creating my Hokiespa. I will do what you said after that.<br>
@ MominHaq and speedy, Thanks & a BIG congratulations to you too !</p>

<p>If you want to know what major you got into before paying the deposit, the acceptance letter that comes in the mail tells you in the first sentence!</p>

<p>anyone else still not heard like myself??</p>

<p>@MissHopeful 3.3 for studio art!</p>

<p>No bird yet…</p>

<p>no bird for me either…If you apply as a cadet doesn’t that help your chances of getting in?</p>

<p>I think so. But I’m not sure how much it helps.</p>

<p>I also still haven’t heard anything. 3.81 at GMU. I’m thinking we’ll hear back by this time next week.</p>

<p>Nervous <em>gulp</em></p>

<p>Finally my worries are over. The course I was scared getting a D in, I ended up getting a C. I am so happy and relieved at the same time. </p>

<p>Now, I look forward to the orientation on June 21st and the fall semester. Can’t wai!!!</p>

<p>Congrats, MominHaq. I hope I can do the same. But how are you already done with that course? Do you go to a community college?</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone who got accepted used the 2 year agreement with a CC to transfer? Did anyone from this forum do that?</p>

<p>@Congrats MominHaq. I am looking forward to do the same lol. btw is it an online class? Can’t figure out how you finish the class so early if its in-class session. Also, is there any orientation date other than June 21st?</p>

<p>@JennyK13 That 2 year agreement really doesn’t matter that much. I can tell about myself. I didn’t do the 2 year agreement. I tried to finish only the transferable classes from the VT transfer guide. The 2 year agreement sometimes drag you down by making you take more classes. Also, what i was told from the head of admission that as long as you complete English, Math, Chem/Physics (im talking from engineering perspective here) and have a good gpa, you should have a good shot to get in.</p>

<p>@DeFrockedX Oh good, okay. I mean, I don’t qualify for it anyways. I’ve done three english classes, a history, and I’m told them I’m doing my lab and math right now. (My old school didn’t offer math or science, pretty much just art and english with art history thrown in.) Also I had two english AP’s that I got credit for. So I hope that’s okay. But as an art student I don’t think I’m expected to have a lot of math and science anyways.</p>

<p>@JennyK13 I actually plan to go for CPE that my CC (NOVA) doesn’t offer unfortunately. So i just kept checking with VT transfer guide and took ONLY those courses (not done yet). Since i haven’t finished completing the VT transfer guide courses yet but i’m already in, that means they don’t need you to finish all of 'em. Its better for you to finish 'em anyways (to save some money i guess). So when i talked with my advisors/councelors they kept telling me to go for computer science or for any other 2 year agreement major like they would have got some kind of bonus if i would have entered even though CSC wasn’t my intended major!! That’s when i stopped knocking their doors and never concerned about the 2.y.a. Its best for you if you just take the courses that you can transfer, not what they want you to take!! </p>

<p>Yeah you don’t need a lot of math and science classes if you are an art student. You should be alright. If you are in the CC now and if i were you i would have probably taken more classes from cc (mostly minors & few majors) and then i would have applied <em>its just my opinion though</em>
You still got 15 more days and so far what i have heard they are still going through a lot of applications. So don’t lose hope. Best wishes :)</p>

<p>Yeah, I wish I had taken more classes there. I went back to my art school this fall for the start of my sophomore year, thinking that maybe I was just miserable there because of my roommates. Turned out to not be the case. So I started my CC in the spring and I’m taking 18 credits. And I told them I’d take some more over the summer if they needed me to. Like an extra math or foreign language.
I just don’t want to wait any longer for VT. I’d love to start my junior year there.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Anybody planning to do major in engineering with having something else in minor? I have been thinking about it, is it really worth it and how much will it help in the long run?
I want to major in CPE and thinking to do a minor that is related or goes along with CPE.</p>

<p>@JennyK13 yeah that sounds pretty good to me. Starting at VT from junior year sure sounds fun. Well… way better than a CC lol</p>

<p>VTtransfer & DeFrockedX: Thanks and yes I am in a community college(NOVA) and these are online classes so I finished early for one course to leave time to better handle the remaining courses. </p>

<p>JennyK13: Yes, I think I got accepted under that agreement. For the College of Engineering they do not require a letter of intent. Only a minimum of 3.0 GPA is required. I followed my CC.course guide and all but one credits didn’t transfer. So I guess I was accepted under that agreement. I will start out as a Junior in Fall 12.</p>

<p>Oh and about the last orientation. June 21st is the last orientation date.</p>