Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>I talked to a guy on the phone today who told me they do NOT have a waitlist so it’s either YES or NO. And he also said we would hear within the week. I guess since they are doing the final wave now there is still a little hope. No bird for me or anything and i’m trying not to freak out but I check the account every hour haha.</p>

<p>ah wannabehokiee19 thanks for calling lkjafdkldfaskj i don’t even know anymore</p>

<p>I feel like that’s just so wrong to reject someone right before May 1st. Like way to build up somewhat of hope ya know?? They should just send all rejections earlier but, I guess it does go by groupings or just randomly</p>

<p>I was wondering if any of you guys have officially spoken with an admissions officer/assistant regarding a C after being admitted? I’m most likely going to end up getting a C on a course (free elective) and bring my gpa from 3.2 to 3.16 or something like that. I’ve had 3 Cs in the past, but my other grades have been pretty good (and this semester it’s a C, a B and 3 A’s).</p>

<p>Could this get my offer rescinded? Do they rescind offers frequently…?</p>

<p>kelc that’s exactly what i was thinking…what is the point of rejecting someone on may 1st…it just seems so cruel but if it is random then i guess they can’t help it</p>

<p>I don’t really have any factual basis for this, but I would be shocked if your acceptance was rescinded for 1 “C” especially considering how strong your other grades are. I would call and ask though, but I would say there is almost no way you would get your acceptance rescinded just for that</p>

<p>@vtlupe, I emailed admissions and they were so vague that it worried me. I hope you’re right, it makes sense, but I just wont believe I’m safe until august 27th!</p>

<p>I have an idea for those of you waiting; we know the Hokie bird shows up after your application has been evaluated, so you can call admissions and if they say it’s already been looked at and you don’t have the bird, then that should give you an indication of where you stand :/</p>

<p>Yeah I would do that but from what I’ve heard they sound very impatient when you email them. It probably doesn’t make a difference, but I don’t want to take any chance of upsetting them haha</p>

<p>Foreigngrounds: Go back a few pages regarding the “C”. </p>

<p>You don’t have to worry about anything.</p>

<p>they’ve been sending out rejections the same time they send out acceptences so if you haven’t gotten either they havent gotten to your app yet.</p>

<p>vtpsych - i haven’t seen anyone that has already gotten rejected…where are you seeing that?</p>

<p>i spoke with some admissions person and asked if all rejections were being sent out at the end and they said they’ve been sending them out all along</p>

<p>Oh well in that case, that’s good news for everyone who still hasn’t heard back. Just 4 more days though and it will all be over.</p>

<p>This is the longest Hokie bird dry spell…</p>

<p>In order to gain your attention: IS ANYONE ELSE IN HERE A GEOSPATIAL MAJOR OR IN THE COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCE/GEOGRAPHY???</p>

<p>You are the first college of natural sciences person here.</p>

<p>Hahahah seriously Jennyk. This is torture</p>

<p>Do any of you know if it is possible to get accepted WITHOUT receiving a hokie bird days in advance? It seems like it isn’t…so tomorrow and Thursday are really the last shot</p>

<p>May I join this group that is being tortured? Because I am being tortured.</p>

<p>what about friday VTLupe311?! aha the more days the better! </p>

<p>i.cannot.wait.any.longer alkfdskljfsd i feel like no one has gotten a hokie bird the last two days? what is going on?</p>