Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>zleader15…it’s not really that i want to transfer from JMU, just more that Virginia Tech is my dream school and it’s always been in my plans to go there & they have one of the best programs for my major in the country so it only makes sense to me haha and i wanna keep thinking that anything could happen but people are getting rejection letters two days apart from eachother? that’s so strange to me!</p>

<p>zleader - No it didn’t say I was rejected but if they would have reviewed my application and accepted me then there would already be a bird on my page and there isn’t anything, so I’m assuming my letter is in the mail</p>

<p>@greenshark I’m so sorry. What major were you applying to? :(</p>

<p>Yeah gotcha I’m a freshman at JMU right now and I really wanted to go to Tech last year but got wait listed. I’m also trying to run on the XC team there since JMU doesn’t have a men’s team, which will be a challenge in itself. If I get it then it would at least give me a chance though haha but JMU is still an awesome school. Yeah it is odd but they send out rejection letters and acceptance letters together. I mean I’m pretty sure they know everyone who they’ve accepted by now and rejected it’s just a matter of time of time before we get it. I’ve come to terms with whatever outcome I get it. Worst case scenario is I give it another shot next semester! haha</p>

<p>@VTLupe311 well best of luck to you though I hope that isn’t true! You had really good stats better than a lot of people that have been accepted.</p>

<p>i feel like someone who is left in this group has to get in. i’d be really surprised if everyone here gets denied.</p>

<p>There were a lot more people in this group that never said if they got in or not so who knows what will happen</p>

<p>i meant out of the people left. im pretty sure i didn’t get in. the only thing giving me hope is i haven’t gotten a letter and people got in for psych with 3.2s and i have a 3.58…still unlikely though</p>

<p>my friend just got denied today too. bio major with 3.0 gpa so i’m not too surprized</p>

<p>zleader15…oh cool i know a couple of guys who run on the xc there haha but ah would you like re-re-apply for spring '13?! because i really wanna do that if i don’t get in but i don’t even know anymore</p>

<p>to everyone who has heard- congrats. everyone who hasn’t yet, good luck! I really hope to see you all in the fall !! it’s so exciting!</p>

<p>@jmugirl16 yeah that’s the plan! haha</p>

<p>does anyone who was rejected know if their status page said they were rejected in addition to the letter?</p>

<p>vtpyscho93 i haven’t been rejected, not yet at least but i think that if you didn’t get in they just leave you hanging on your status page and don’t do anything to it which is kinda silly but yea</p>

<p>and i think someone else already said this but i feel like some or at least one of us last has to get in?! why else would we have not been rejected yet? stay hopeful!</p>

<p>Hello everyone, here’s a quick introduction. I initially got denied acceptance during highschool. Went to another 4 year college for engineering. Did a year of it and hated it. My gpa ended up being a 2.5 for the first semester I think and around 1.8 second. Basically because I failed calc and wasn’t motivated. Transferred back home to NVCC to major in Business. Got a 3.5 last semester with 12 credits taken and this semester I could potentially have a 4.0 with 16 credits depending on how well I do on exams. </p>

<p>On April 5th, I got an email asking for all my midterm grades. My professors sent them within a week. I think I had 3 A’s and 2 High B’s or something close to that. Finally, last night, I got the hoke bird on my application status page. From what I’ve been told it’s a positive sign and reading through a little bit of this thread seems to confirm it but I can’t go through all 76 pages. So can someone fill me in on what it means?</p>

<p>tl;dr what does the hokie bird mean?</p>

<p>It means your in…</p>

<p>You are in! The Hokie Bird is what we are all waiting for, and you’ve got it! Congrats!</p>

<p>Arkbird: To put it short, hokie bird is a good sign.</p>

<p>Sweet, thanks for letting me know!</p>

<p>no rejection in the mail today…no news is good news right? haha still no bird though</p>