Virginia Tech for Art?

<p>How hard is it to get into Virginia Tech for Art? What are they looking into for students? Do you have to be really strong in Math? I live in Richmond VA and it seems like VA Tech is the only local option for Video Game Art options. I am also interested in the interior design. What are my chances if I transfer from J. Sargeant Reynolds?.. better worse? Can anyone assist me?</p>

<p>I'll pipe in since no one replied - I have very limited knowledge, but maybe better than nothing. The Art department (School of Visual Arts) is within the School of Architecture and Urban Studies. My daughter wants to study graphic design was admitted from private prep school with unweighted gpa 3.4, AP English, AP History, SAT 1240. They did not require a portfolio review, but in order to pursue any Art major other than Art History, all students are required to take three studio classes their first semester, and then their work is reviewed. If they pass the review, they are allowed to continue into their chosen path. If not, they can continue as Art History majors, and try again the next year, or they can become General STudies major until they pick a different path. I understand that the review is selective, and very competitive. I do not know how they would handle a transfer or whether the Video Game program is different.</p>

<p>Illmatic, this doesn't really answer the questions you asked in your post, but I saw this story regarding art on the VT news website and thought you may be interested in reading it as well. Here is the link:</p>

<p>Creative</a> technologies in the arts | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>Good luck to you!</p>