Virginia Tech & JMU

<p>Considering going to one of these schools, any opinions on the two, I plan on studying business. I know Tech is good for engineering and architecture but for business are they similar? Just looking for some pros and cons for both schools, im going to visit them later on</p>

<p>tech business undergrad is in top 40 nationwide. also, hotel and tourism management is number 3 in nation</p>

<p>any other opinions? Not just about the business program but the schools in general, have any of you had to pick between JMU and VT.. what made you decide VT (assuming the people who post here all go to VT)</p>

<p>well first of all tech is known for engineering. jmu in my opinion... well seems pointless other than partying. just my opinion.</p>

<p>okay...</p>

<p>i thought about it this way:</p>

<p>jmu commute from town near d.c.: 2+ hours = win
vs.
vt commute from town near d.c.: 4+ hours (driving at 80-110mph)</p>

<p>jmu girls: hot, mostly white, some fugly-- tie
vs.
vt girls: hot, mostly white, some fugly-- tie</p>

<p>jmu food: dining center basically same as d2, never eaten at their a la carte, no lobster
vs.
vt food: dining center same as d hall, eaten at most other places, lobster+steak = win</p>

<p>jmu student body: over 15,000
vs.
vt student body: over 26,000 = win</p>

<p>jmu acres: idk, but smaller
vs.
vt acres: idk but bigger than jmu = win</p>

<p>jmu things to do: party, eat at ihop, student union
vs.
vt things to do: party, eat at ihop, student union, basketball/football spectator = WIN</p>

<p>jmu academics: if fields aren't agriculture/architecture/business/engineering = tie, if any of those, = lose
vs.
vt academics: if fields aren't agriculture/architecture/business/engineering = tie</p>

<p>... and here's just an assumption... but i really like tech:</p>

<p>jmu overall experience: peachy, almost got std
vs.
vt overall experience: f_cking great</p>

<p>Tech's business school is getting better every year and is around 35 in the US news rankings I believe. My friends who are in business say they love it and the professors are awesome. And I agree with all of the opinions of that guy above me about VT.</p>