Virginia Tech notification date

<p>Does VT really not notify regular decision applicants until April? Why do you think it's so late as compared to other schools? Or do you think the April date is just what they say and they actually notify before that? My S applied in October and I can't believe he'll have to wait for 6 months!!</p>

<p>he can get early notification as I did. if you have over a certain GPA and SAT u find out earlier</p>

<p>Can I ask, how much earlier did you find out and what type of GPA and SAT scores do you need for early notification? If you don't know, can you tell us what you had? Thanks.</p>

<p>i believe i found out in March.. and you needed a 1300 and a 3.75 or a 1400 and a 3.5. Not a 100% on the numbers but its around there. You couldn't have lower than a 600 on any section.</p>

<p>When is the earliest they can notify you?</p>

<p>My son was notified the first week of March - this was Spring of 2007. His numbers were around what Hyunwoop said.</p>

<p>I'm OOS and I just got my acceptance letter today in the mail- I met similar requirements to what was listed by HyunwooP. Still waiting to hear from the Honors Program though.</p>

<p>My D acceptance letter post marked 20 Feb, Honors acceptance post marked 25 Feb.</p>

<p>Oh bummer! My D was denied Arch fall 2009 admission. How difficult it is to transfer into Arch from a general admission at VTECH?</p>

<p>Ransom, did you get a letter or see it online? Was your student honors eligible? I just wonder if they're beginning to notify regular decision non-honors eligible applicants.</p>

<p>My daughter's online status has not changed, but she was called by VA Tech and invited to a women in Engineering weekend in March. Does that mean she will be accepted? Anyone else know anything?</p>

<p>i know for early notification transfer applicants they were supposed to let the applicants know by march 1!
but i don't know yet =/</p>

<p>We got a letter. She is honors elligible for something other than Arch.</p>

<p>Ransom20,
Transferring into VT's arch program is not the easiest thing to do (she would need to be on campus two summers and then have a review) but apparently it can be done. I've copied and pasted your question/answer from the VT arch website. Hopefully it will help:</p>

<p>Frequently asked questions:</p>

<p>I am a student currently enrolled at Virginia Tech and I would like to transfer into the Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design or Landscape Architecture program. What is the process for acceptance?
We refer to currently enrolled Virginia Tech undergraduate students who want to change their major and transfer into Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design or Landscape Architecture as “internal transfers”. Applications are required and available at the beginning of the spring semester. Applications will be accepted beginning the first day of spring semester, January 20, 2009. The application deadline is February 13, 2009.</p>

<p>Applications for Architecture and Industrial Design may be picked up in 201 Cowgill Hall and applications for Interior Design and Landscape Architecture may be picked up in 121 Burruss Hall. You may access the application online. Please see the applications listed below.</p>

<p>Please review the internal transfer process for further information. (Internal Transfer Process)</p>

<p>Architecture Application</p>

<p>Industrial Design Application</p>

<p>Interior Design Application</p>

<p>Landscape Architecture Application</p>

<p>Internal Transfer Policy</p>

<p>If I am accepted as an internal transfer student in Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design or Landscape Architecture, what happens next?
Students enrolled at Virginia Tech who are accepted through the Internal transfer process are all required to take the Summer Qualifying Design Lab during the following first and second summer sessions.</p>

<p>If you want to see other info I went to Virginia</a> Tech | Invent the Future, then the arch site, CAUS</a> | College of Architecture & Urban Studies | Virginia Tech, then link for admissions. Good luck to you and your daughter!</p>

<p>teachermom,
Could I ask you when the women and engineering week-end is? My daughter was accepted to the engineering school, but we have not heard anything about that week-end and I couldn't find anything on VT website.
Thanks</p>

<p>Could anyone help me with my questions? I applied for non honors admissions and I am out of state but my gpa and scores meet what was mentioned above. Since I meet those "requirements" will i hear back earlier or will I have to wait till april sometime? Thanks</p>

<p>you shoulda already heard back for the honors thing</p>

<p>I dont think I applied for honors though, I applied for regular admissions so do I have to wait till April?</p>

<p>i got mine.......like 2 days ago.
i knew i was in since november so not that exciting.
general engineering. sigh gonna be tough</p>

<p>I heard Reg. Decisions heard out Mid-march on their online status.</p>