Virginia Tech notification date

<p>hate to say it but its def not true about the applying order thing. i know of lots of people that applied after me that have heard back with acceptances. the only explanation i can think of is that they're reviewing each college's applications together and maybe the ones we applied to still need to be looked at</p>

<p>I don't think there really is an applying order. I sent in my application the day before the transfer deadline, and got accepted this week. I applied to the school of science since my current major is biology.</p>

<p>Agreed Orb. I applied to the business school, deadline app as well. So we shall see. There is still plenty of time left, but I wish denials were on an ongoing basis too, and they don't appear to be.</p>

<p>for the transfer applicants still awaiting decisions..
if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats, etc?</p>

<p>i just found out from a letter in the mail i was denied. i had a 3.86 gpa for the fall semester with 13 hrs from odu. i am taking 16 this semester. in high school i had a 4.0, but no ap classes. good luck to the others and congrats to those accepted. i now must wait to see if i got into jmu.</p>

<p>true what did your app page say?</p>

<p>it had current program for a while and that was all. i never got anything about being denied on my app page. i got a letter in the mail today saying i was denied.</p>

<p>true how long did ya have the current program?</p>

<p>i had it for about a month. as soon as they got my transcripts it was up.</p>

<p>Okay so pretty much same as me. Well I wish if I was getting denied I go it like you on Saturday. So I guess they are sending out accepts and denials. If your at ODU, your in Norfolk I suppose, I am in Hampton, so I guess I am still in for the time being. My month hits this week so....</p>

<p>Thanks for the info</p>

<p>no problem. good luck!!</p>

<p>I got accepted on the 31st with Sophomore standing (I guess? There was no where on the page that indicated it, but only 57 credits transferred. And only about half of those will apply to my degree, anyway.) but still haven't seen a letter in the mail.</p>

<p>Now I'm just worried about the Financial Aid they're going to offer me. They updated their awards section with some pretty hefty Pell Grants. But only Pell Grants, nothing else. Not even the Va Tech Safety Net. </p>

<p>We shall see.</p>

<p>FWIW, I was 3.51 GPA with 63 credit hours and a 1460 Reading/Math 2080 total SAT. I had a decent essay, in my opinion, and nothing much in the way of volunteer work except with the Virginia Renaissance Faire.</p>

<p>Now, what major are you? I have a feeling the acceptance timing has to do with college and major, but I'm just trying to make sure.</p>

<p>teach i think were in the same boat, u don't have either the current program box or transfer evaluation right? what school/major did you apply to? i applied to the college of architecture and urban studies for a major in environmental policy and planning</p>

<p>Yeah, last I checked I didn't have that stuff. I'm trying to be in Communications, which is also a caped major. Maybe the capped ones are the slowest.</p>

<p>I applied back in November. I am a VA resident attending a state school in PA. Last year I was accepted to VT. I still have yet to be notified whether or not I have been accepted or denied. It's starting to worry me a bit. I'm trying to get into the business school which I know is difficult enough but I still have my fingers crossed. I have had the "Current Program" box for awhile -- mine just says Undergraduate, Fall 2009, Blacksburg. I don't have the " transfer evaluation" box yet. They already have my SAT scores, high school transcript, and college transcript. I think I might call them tomorrow to see if they know when I'll find out...but I'm becoming more and more worried each day.</p>

<p>oh wow what school do you go to in PA? i'm a VA resident as well and i go to penn state upark. thats crazy that you applied in november though..i applied on feb 5th and i get more worried everyday too lol are you entering as a sophomore? i'd think you'd for sure get in since you got in last year unless your grades have gone down a lot since</p>

<p>The thing is when it comes to transfers to Tech (and all other VA schools I believe), VCCS students take priority over transfers from 4 year schools. So no matter how early you applied if Tech is still going throug applications from the CCs then youre probably going to have to keep waiting.</p>

<p>I go to West Chester. Yea I'm currently a first year and will be entering as a sophomore. My grades haven't gone down. In high school I had about a 3.75, and Last semester I was on the Dean's list with a 3.75 and this semester I'm on track for a 4.0 if all goes well.</p>

<p>i just got the current program box on my status page this morning. i'm trying to be a communications major. i applied the day before the deadline.</p>