Virginia Tech notification date

<p>Not even close, haha. I have no sense of direction, but even I know you are closer to the shore and they are closer to the mountains! I’ll wave to your son at least every time I drive through JMU down Rt. 81 :)</p>

<p>Zimmer, Son decided on Virginia Tech (just sent in the deposit, 1 day short of the deadline). He really struggled with making the decision but I think he’s relieved. So, he will be at Virginia Tech after all!</p>

<p>WOOHOO!!! Now go sign up for orientation asap!! Oh well, maybe wait til they get the check :slight_smile: BTW, you kind of have to explore to get into the system, but once they’ve got the check and put you in the system, then you can register w/ the PID. Just go here and it will walk you through it - tip: most kids use their first initial + last name for their PID since it becomes the first part of their school email addy. <a href=“Login Error | Virginia Tech”>Login Error | Virginia Tech;

<p>Is he going into a particular school or just University Studies? S applied for Biology, but was accepted into US, which is okay actually. He’d had a hard time deciding which to choose anyway so now he’ll get a little time to explore.</p>

<p>Congrats to your son sevmom! Now you’ll have to go and get one of those “House divided” flags because you have both a UVA and VT kid! :slight_smile: Glad he has the decision behind him; he’s going to love VT! Enjoy the rest of your summer!</p>

<p>Thanks! University Studies after being waitlisted in engineering. Yes, I have looked at those flags. Have had a UVa garden flag for 4 years . Conflicted over whether or not to have a Virginia Tech one now or the divided one? Older son who just graduated from UVa has been very supportive of brother going to Virginia Tech. I am probably missing something on the website but is there a parent’s weekend and if so, dates?</p>

<p>You will need to get him signed up for an orientation date (an overnight visit) asap because that’s also when he’ll get formally registered with classes, get his college ID, and other stuff. There is a parent orientation that runs at the same time. </p>

<p>Family Day 2009 is Saturday, October 24. We’ve never gone just because the timing didn’t work out. House divided? Why not think positive and be a house shared?! Have one of each!! Glad the older one isn’t being competitive and stuff. Was he influential in the decision?</p>

<p>Guess the waitlist is still being used. One of son’s friends just got a letter yesterday.</p>