Virginia Tech notification date

<p>Don't? Don't what?</p>

<p>teach no I did not. So yep be another month for transfer who were not early</p>

<p>OOS, 1270/1600, 1850/2400 - applied to Biology</p>

<p>Many congrats to those accepted - you will love VT.</p>

<p>lmao that was suppose to b @ arash saying he was feeling bad. lololol</p>

<p>Well, it's a little sad but a little nice at the same time. Knowing sooner would be nice, but I'll be happy if I just get in this time. Glad you told me no transfers found out, otherwise I'd be sitting here scratching my head all night.</p>

<p>Congrats to the fresh that got in</p>

<p>Zim you did not make it?</p>

<p>S was admitted but to University Studies, not engineering. Wow, anyone know what this effectively would mean in terms of what he would have to do to get into the engineering school?</p>

<p>Teach I'll stay in touch so we know whats shaking with transfer!!</p>

<p>Sounds like a plan! The only transfer I know personally got in with early notification, so it'd be good to hear from someone who is in my boat.</p>

<p>.... another... month... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh</p>

<p>Arghhh.
Waitlisted. :[
OOS.</p>

<p>i found out i got into engineering a few minutes ago.<br>
3.5 gpa 3.7 gpa for 7th gpa. 30 act, some EC great recommendations.</p>

<p>gpa uw: 3.54/4.00
gpa w: 3.75/4.00
number of APs: 10
ACT english: 35
ACT math: 33
ACT reading: 36
ACT composite: 34
SAT math: 730
SAT reading: 700
SAT writing: 680</p>

<p>i applied to pamplin, as a econ/business major. and im a girl from nova.</p>

<p>i mean, i guess my gpa could be higher, but still... anyone have any thoughts on why i got rejected?</p>

<p>(i know i sound really bitter, im sorry, im not trying to be condescending, im just slightly confused)</p>

<p>09, your stats seem solid. They are considerably better than mineand I'm surprised you didnt get in. My UW is only a 3.03 and W is a 3.48 with a 1090 composite score. I know my stats are low so I guess I should be thankful for getting onto the wait list at least?</p>

<p>Then again, they didn't pick any kids from the waitlist last year, so the chances of me getting picked are low so I guess I can have to cross VT off my list considering they don't notify waitlisters until June 1st.</p>

<p>:(</p>

<p>Oh wow, I don't know. I suggest you write an appeal if you're really really upset about it, because those scores look fine.</p>

<p>Wow, don't be sorry! I'm surprised at the quality of the stats of those rejected/waitlisted. Maybe they had a rise in apps because of the bad economy.</p>

<p>i really want to appeal, but i've never heard of anyone doing anything like that so i don't know how to do it. i'm pretty upset (mostly because my only other option is gmu and living at home-- not too appealing). do you think it would help to appeal? i guess it doesnt hurt to try...</p>

<p>guillaume - interesting point, i actually thought the opposite. i though that the state of the economy would lead more people to attend community colleges because of the difficulty in paying high tuition costs. but yeah, vtech received the highest number of apps in its history.</p>

<p>I just got in today! wasn't expecting to hear anything back before April
not sure if I want to go though</p>

<p>09, you might want to look up how it's done or call VT about it. I've heard that it's worked in some cases, but not all. Just a thought.</p>