Virginia Tech notification date

<p>Nope, nothing new for me. This doesn't worry me, though. It could just mean that my application and transcripts haven't been evaluated yet. A lot of the weird timing might be due to the specific colleges we're trying to get into. You guys might find out sooner than I do, but I'll be happy if I at least find out before May 1st.</p>

<p>Teach to be honest I'd almost rather have nothing. I feel like mine have been looked at and ummm not sure they will be again before denied, hahaha. </p>

<p>Yeah I think the school does matter. Good luck keep posting</p>

<p>so i'm a freshman at penn state university park and i applied to Tech for fall 09. i turned in my transfer app on 2/5, has anyone heard back yet that applied around then? im getting nervous and the wait is killing me!</p>

<p>Strawberry,
Spent last Fri at PSU with D for "admitted student" program...scheduled for "Hokie Focus" in 3 weeks. Your perspective on the 2 schools could be very helpful.</p>

<p>Here are some Q's:
1. are you VA resident? PA?
2. why did you pick PSU last year?
3. why do you want to transfer? why VT?
Thank you.</p>

<p>lol i didn't get it.... but i got into NYU and UVA raaandom, but wtvr congraaats</p>

<p>saron- You didnt get into Tech but you got into nyu and uva?? wow thats amazing</p>

<p>Darth- Im a VA resident and I just havent found PSU to be worth the money. its an awesome/fun school to be at but just not right for me. Tech is everything PSU is but just downsized a little, which I would look forward to. A little smaller campus, smaller enrollment, and less of a party school. Honestly i picked psu because I didnt get into my top choices-nyu, wm, gwu, georgetown. I hadnt applied to tech because i wasnt doing anything science/math related so I thought Tech wouldnt be a wise decision</p>

<p>hiii guys! i was excited to find this thread. i am a student at christopher newport university trying to transfer to virginia tech for this fall 2009. i've heard its easy to get into VT as a transfer...but reading this thread has made me a little nervous. i'm surprised to hear that people have actually found out already because my friend told me most transfers don't find out till early april. still crossing my fingers!</p>

<p>has anyone heard anything new this week?</p>

<p>No ABC, but I wrote them an email pertaining to summer classes and they wrote me back at 9PM. So I would say they are still processing if they are there at 9PM. Hope that is encouraging...</p>

<p>do any transfers not have that current program box..? because i dont =/</p>

<p>Strawberry Teach doesn't have it either</p>

<p>Nope, I don't. Or at least as far as I know at the moment. (I haven't looked since yesterday, and I've been banned from looking by my friends). Gonna look this morning ANYWAY.</p>

<p>haha ok that makes me feel a little better..and yea i check mine like 3 times a day lol</p>

<p>Do we need to send updated transcripts? I sent one when I applied and I know they need our final, but do we need to send updated ones?</p>

<p>What is there to be updated? Your official transcript shouldn't have anything new added until the end of each semester when you've finished classes. So long as they have the most recent one you could have sent them (like as of last semester), and your high school transcript you should be perfectly fine.</p>

<p>They said to me that they will ask for a copy of your transcript for all Spring grades no later than June 1, and for completed summer classes, if you did them, by no later than Aug. 15. That will be if you offered admission clearly</p>

<p>Has anyone found out anything new this week?</p>

<p>I just got the current program box yesterday, along with the transfer credit evaluation thing at the top of my status page.</p>

<p>so has everybody thats gotten in gotten an email first notifying them to check the status page? i'd hate to keep looking everyday if their just going to send in an email when my status is ready!</p>

<p>orbital ur in bro. ur congrats is coming over the next couple of days. no doubt</p>

<p>hate to say it but if you are like me and have had current program info for a few weeks were getting denied. it seems that if you get just the current program info your denied later. </p>

<p>if anyone was provided the current program info for a few weeks, without the credit eval, and then accepted please respond. I haven't seen that happen to anyone yet</p>