Virginia Tech or UMD

<p>I posted this in the college search forum too, just wondering what you all thought of the two schools, heres what I asked:</p>

<p>I've been accepted into Virginia Tech and their business program. Im also considering the University of Maryland-College Park, and if I went there, I would not be guaranteed admission into their business program. I would be paying instate tuition at Virginia Tech, but personally I feel that Maryland is the better school and I like it a lot. If $ is an issue I will be going to Virginia Tech, but will I be making a mistake picking Virginia Tech over UMD or vice versa? I know at UMD i'd have great opportunities for jobs/internships because its right near D.C. and Baltimore but i'd like to hear some thoughts on these two schools.</p>

<p>those are the same schools i want to go to. i live in southern maryland in pg county which is right next to college park, and i know people at both schools. i know the business programs at umd-college park are top ranked, and i don't know the same for virginia tech. with you're circumstance, if i was in your place then i'd pick virginia tech because it's gauranteed, but i don't know your grades. just leave it at that, but umd-college park is the better school; not to take anything away from va tech because i know a lot of smart people that go there.</p>