Virginia Tech, Penn State , UC- Davis - Which one to choose for Electrical Engg

I have been selected in Penn State, Virginia Tech and UC Davis for Electrical Engg ( VT has mentioned General Engg in the offer Letter though) for Fall 2016. I have also applied in Purdue and still waiting for the decision letter. It will be very helpful if I can get some advice on which uni to choose and what are the factors I should consider for making decision I am an international student…Thx in advance for help.

What’s your parents’ budget and how much does each cost?

If costs are indifferent, I’d go with UC Davis, then Virginia Tech.

@MYOS1634 Thx for reply. There is not much difference in cost between both as an international student. Which one you will suggest between Penn State and Davis. May I also know what are the advantages of Davis over others…

There should he a huge difference in cost - 46k vs. 60k.
Virginia Tech is probably your best value.
But if cost truly is no object, then UC Davis is a world-famous UC, great campus, great state.
(note: Eve if cost is no object, do live in the dorms with an American roommate, it’ll make things easier for you.)

@MYOS1634 Thanks for input. Very helpful.
Are you at Virginia studying currently…

No. I’m not a student. :slight_smile:
Where you want to work also matters : obviously Penn State and Virginia Tech have an equally superb reputation in the mid Atlantic region (roughly NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC, Northern Virginia) as well as along the eastern seaboard, whereas UC’s rule on the East Coast.

• WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry :\"> )

@MYOS1634 Thx. I am not sure yet where I want to work yet. Too early I guess :-). My understanding is Alumani Network of Penn State is very strong and is all over US. A lot of companies come for campus interviews also. Davis obviously has the advantage also due to proximity to Silicon valley as you also mentioned. But I guess if a good number of companies are coming for campus interview, it should be OK. Thx for your input…

That’s correct - very large and powerful network, excellent career fairs and career center for internships etc, and Penn State alumni are insanely proud of their school.

@MYOS1634 Thx for sharing comprehensive details. Has been very helpful. Have a wonderful weekend…