Virginia Tech Potential Honors College Invitation?

I was wondering if I stood a chance at being considered for VT Honors based on my stats.

SAT 1600: 1420 [SS: 1430]
ACT: 31 [SS: 32]

Unweighted GPA: 3.58 (F*** my lazy freshman *ss)
Weighted GPA out of 6.0: 4.7917
Class Rank: 100 out of ~700

I’m a pretty strong writer so I have a little faith in my essays bringing up my chances. I have one solid recommendation already written by a teacher and another one in the works I have to check up on it.

Extras:
TSA Vice President
Graphic Design portfolio
Some experience with freelancing my design work
Took a calc-based college level physics course in electromagnetics over summer. I want to major in that field.

I always put a disclaimer on the bottom to be completely honest with me in these chance posts, though I’m sure it doesn’t need to be reiterated. I’m heavily considering VT whether or not I get into the Honors college, but I think if I get the Honors college invite I’ll have my mind set.

Admissions for honors is a little quirky if I remember correctly. The UW may be a little low, and it may come down to EC’s or essays. Anyway, you don’t lose anything by applying for it and if you don’t get into it, its really not a big deal.

If you don’t get in as a freshmen you can apply later if you have a 3.6 GPA or higher. Your GPA and class rank is probably a bit on the lower side but they do a holistic review so I wouldn’t say you don’t have a chance. Still a great school even if you aren’t in the honors college. Consider joining an LLC. My son was in honors and did the Honors Residential Commons but there is also the Residential College and many other interest based LLCs.

Have you submitted your application yet? Our S18 submitted his regular decision app last week and received an email today notifying him that the admissions office has notified the Honors College of his application to the university. They said he didn’t have to do anything else, but it was nice to get an email acknowledging that he at least is in the running at this point for an Honors College admission.

Not to be a lilljoy, but the application to VT also serves as the application to the Honors College. I beleive that all applicants received that email. I know my son did.

I know it is the same app, but didn’t realize they forwarded every app. I thought perhaps they just sent them along if they matched a certain threshold in terms of scores/GPA.

My son received that email and was subsequently invited to Honors College. I assumed that there was a threshold, but I could be mistaken.