Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@CluelessLeader …not sure about VT but no other school we’ve had experience with has notified of acceptance and financial award at the same time.

@collegeaps there are a large number of schools that include merit aid in the acceptance letter.

@lastone03 Thanks for the info. Just received a separate letter from another college awarding merit scholarship. Still holding out for VT.

@habitualnerd I am applying for in state and for pre med

So can we check decisions online or is it just through mail as shown on their social media?

@Eas419 As far as I know they should be online March 5 with packets coming soon if you’re accepted

The decisions were posted on your application status page under “Decision.” At least, that’s where it was for the early decision applicants.

I think I may have gotten accepted. On my Virginia Tech portal it says:Honors College Decision: Received 3/2: Invited. Honors college will send you official notification. Anyone else?

@Kpanther yep same here just noticed it. Hope it means what we think!

Are you looking at your Application Summary page? And are you both the same major? @“N2TheFuture!” and @Kpanther

It says regular freshmen applicant for me, where do you see honors?

I don’t even see a category that says ‘decisions.’ where is everyone seeing this?

Tech posted on their facebook that H-College decisions would come out on the 15.

Go to your guest account, then press fall 2018 where it shows all your info, underneath the reading score it should say,“Honors College Decision” “Recieved 03/02” “invited. The Honors College will send an official notification”

Does anybody know what time decisions come out on the 5th

@Kpanther my portal only shows English and math scores, there’s no place that says reading

@fizzymangoes according to VT social media it’s Monday after 5 PM

@rugby1562 I think he means SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writ Score

@Kpanther and @“N2TheFuture!” my son has the same “Invited” on his portal. Did either of you receive an email from the Honors college?

Seems like a very good omen for acceptance, but pretty disorganized that VT would put that information on the portal before they posted RD acceptances.

@NJEngDad I have not received an email from the honors college, I’m assuming that we’ll be mailed/officially notified a lil bit later. But this is very exciting hopefully this means what we’re all thinking

Agreed @Kpanther it looks good. My OOS applied to Engineering. We are from NJ. You?