Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@rajiv5612 Everyone is not admitted as undeclared. Engineering students are admitted to General Engineering. Please call admissions to double check what this means for you. (ie; General Engineering or University Studies/Undeclared) and report back so others will know. Congratulations.

Wait listed with a 1440 and a 4.0 GPA…

@Qalinq Engineering?

Are you kidding???

@ihopeigetintoVT Yep. OOS if that makes a difference.

@bboop42 what it says on mine: degree: Undeclared; college: engineering; major: general engineering

I think we’re good

Just wondering if scholarship info is out or not yet. I got in but I don’t see anything on the website relating to it. Does it come with the letter/financial aid info? I saw someone higher in the thread saying they got a scholarship already.

I mean’t undeclared degree. Meaning college of engineering and the general engineering major, but in terms of the specific program within the COE, that is undeclared

Honors invite posted, as well.

I got accepted!!! 4.05 GPA 1230 SAT BIT major instate!

Son accepted:

IS
Business (undecided)
4.45 (w)
1390 SAT
30 ACT
NHS
DECA HS
Mostly Honors/AP/IB/DE courses
Varsity Athletics
Substantial community service
Part time job all 4 years in HS

For anyone wait listed or denied, please try and remember that most things happen for a reason and you will likely prosper at the college you attend. Good luck!

Wait listed with a 1490 and a 4.2 GPA…

@treepanda Yes you are good to go! That language is very clear. Congratulations!

Waitlisted - Business Undecided

1240 SAT
3.97GPA
2AP

Disappointed to say the least. Thought I had good essays. My ECs weren’t the strongest, but I did include that I’ve been taking piano lessons for 10 years now.

@rajiv5612 You are correct. That language is very clear you are accepted COE. Congratulations!

Wow… so competitive … yes my daughter got accepted… not engineering but 2nd choice - architecture, which she is absolutely delighted. She has legacy friends with great stats who also got waitlisted

Accepted - CoE - Computer Science

1440 SAT
3.96UW, 5.0W
Robotics, NHS, Math club, etcetc plus leadership positions
varsity tennis - leadership
2 jobs
10 APs

Accepted/Deferred/Rejected:
Accepted: Georgia Tech, Purdue - Honors College, NCSU, UNC Chapel, HPU, Embry-Riddle
Rejected: MIT

@kpanther - did you get honors invite, or was that a false alarm on Friday?

Are honors college decision out?

@sy2020 Congratulations to your daughter…architecture is just as competitive as engineering so a real accomplishment.