Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@SALSRL

Freshman Applicant, not sure he was looking in the right place. I haven’t seen the portal, is there a link to see your decision once you log in?

When you log in select applicant information, click on Fall 2018 and then the page will come up with your decision.

Decision: Waitlisted
In-state applicant

Applied for Business Undeclared

1400 SAT
4.0 GPA
10 APs (Gov, bio, stat, psych, lang, human, comp sci, lit, euro, environ)
First generation student

class officer, NHS, marching band, etc.

I honestly thought Tech would be a safety school but after seeing some of these comments I feel slightly better.

My D was accepted. Northern Virginia. 30 ACT (31 super scored), 4.2 weighted GPA and H.S. does not rank. 4 years Varsity cheer (captain senior year) and a number of other extra curricular and volunteer activities. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, majoring in Human Nutrition, Food and Exercise (pre-physical therapy)…

@Pheumous Wow, you seem like someone who should easily be able to get in

I think the server crashed again, tried to login but failed now. I could login 30 minutes ago but not now

@daylightskies psychology, it was weighted (low i know) but i got waitlisted! thanks anyways!

Thank you @momofthree55! I will pass it along!

@Virginia1129 I thought so too. After get straight up denied from UVA while my friends (some who were far less qualified) got accepted and deferred, I can’t help but wonder if there is some sort of conspiracy against me lol.

Now I’m not really sure where I’ll go…

My DD accepted into the human Nutrition program.

OOS
Gpa 4.3 weighted
SAT 1240
4 AP’s
EC’s. Lots of them. And lots of honor societies and volunteer stuff.
Essays and recommendations were excellent.

Accepted!!
School of Science - Physics (second choice, but still very excited!!)
Corp of Cadets!!

Out-of-state
GPA: 3.4 SAT: 1300
Attend a specialized school, all classes at honors plus 2 AP classes (AP Physics C and Calc BC)
Tons of extra curriculars and community service.
Essay was very strong.

I need opinions:
Do you believe that the school of science is worth attending?
Also, I applied to the Corps of Cadets, the application status page doesn’t say anything about it. If I was accepted, then I was accepted to the Corps, right?

D Accepted!
In-State
GPA: 4.03
SAT: 1400
Major: Undecided
Great Essays

how do you know if you were accepted into the honors college?

Accepted!! University Studies. Wasn’t expecting this, but am definitely grateful.

If accepted to honors, it will appear under your test scores and say invited

DS accepted into COE. 4.0/5.08 GPA, 1510 SAT, 35 ACT- OOS.
Also accepted at NC State, UNC Chapel Hill, UVA, got a “Likely” card from William and Mary.
Waiting on GWU and Boston University.

Accepted COE Honors In-state 3.9 UW 4.4W 11 APs + DE Multivar 36 ACT

OOS DD accepted into 1st choice Animal & Poultry Science & Honors invite.
1480 SAT, 4.76 weighted GPA
Rank 2/151
4 AP, 4 DE, numerous Honors classes
Heavy activities, awards & honors
Leadership positions & heavy FFA involvement.
300+ community service hours
Completed 3 essays.

Also accepted: NC State (Honors invite), U Del (Honors program), Cornell-Deferred to RD

Now we wait for the financial package…

@momofthree55 Honors college decisions come out later, sometime before March 15th. An “Invited” message should show up on the decision page.