Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

Rejected!

@collegeyaynj29 Your question: “Do you believe that the school of science is worth attending”. Why would you apply to a school that you were unsure was “worth attending”? Your stats are low (GPA: 3.4 SAT: 1300) compared to others who have been rejected for the Science department. Be thankful you are an OOS full-pay and was offered a spot in the class.

@Eas419 Not a place to be calling people names. It’s natural to be disappointed. My son is a wonderful young man and I am the one who made the comment about their high acceptance rate being misleading. This thread is to share information and support one another. Not call people names.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted today to VT!!

where does it say “invited” for people who got it

@trout812 the school of engineering was my first choice. I have gotten into a total of 17 schools, my question was a serious question. I have gotten into my intended major (mechanical engineering) at multiple other schools.

Took awhile to get into the portal, but son was admitted to COE. OOS. Happy camper…

@collegeyaynj29 How many did you apply to in total? Which 17 schools if you don’t mind posting? That’s a crazy amount of applications

@collegeyaynj29 I say if you were accepted already at several other school for your intended major, better choose those schools rather than considering 2nd choice major at VT which you are not even sure

Accepted
OOS - California
College of Engineering
GPA - 3.41
SAT- 1500 Super scored

Does anyone know if there are merit awards associated with Honors College Invites? If so, are they offered to OOS Students?

@JS11235 The honors notifications are already on their admissions page, my DD and many others on this thread have said they have honors invited on their page. Unless this is another glitch.

@collegeyaynj29 Yes, Science at VT is well worth attending, but not if you want to pursue ME. Wow! you applied to 18 schools? Congrats on the acceptance, and good luck in your choice.

Son accepted
Industrial Design (first choice)
OOS home-educated Asian male
SAT 1490
excellent ECs
essays just OK–rushed to meet the Dec. 1 deadline
single LOR from parent

Accepted
OOS - Connecticut
College of Engineering
GPA - 4.5
SAT - 1440
ACT - 32

@collegeyaynj29 18 schools?? I’m curious as to which schools you chose to apply to

@fizzymangoes Stockton University, Rutgers University, TCNJ, Saint Micheals College, Rowan University, Hawaii Pacific, Wentworth, WPI, Seton Hall, NJIT, U of A, University of South Carolina, Drexel University, Fordham University (5 year program w/ Columbia), Ohio University, UMass Dartmouth, and VT

@greenfrogmemes VT doesn’t really concern themselves with yield protect in the way you are thinking. Plenty of high stats, high performing kids are accepted to VT. However, if your “I never intended to enroll” attitude comes across in your essays then you will probably get rejected or remanded to your second choice major. If VT doesn’t feel like you will attend, why would they accept you, no matter how high your stats?

How do you know if you were given a decision with your first or second choice?

@treepanda @ihopeigetintoVT I applied to a bunch of schools because I had few waivers for all of them. I figured that if it was free then why not apply. I applied to more than that, still waiting on RIT, and I was rejected from Northeastern.