Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@greenfrogmemes Oh, well good luck with them then. In-state tuition is always a plus.

How much easier is it if you apply to the College of Liberal Arts and Life Sciences or College of Agriculture was

@greenfrogmemes bro you’re a meme, you don’t know if you’ll get into UMass or RPI yet so please don’t get cocky :slight_smile: safeties turn into not-safeties, it happens, it’s all good. Don’t talk down on a school that others dream of going to; an attempt at being humble would be nice once in awhile if you know what I mean by “humble.” But you still got in! That’s what matters right now. Others would kill to be in your spot, so appreciate it

How do we know if we got accepted or not?

@Jonsmom14 Did they include merit for anyone in today’s announcements?

@treepanda lol rpi is one of my top choices and would die to get in

And yeah I will admit I was overconfident.

Waitlisted. Architecture (1st Choice)
2nd Choice was Psychology

In State
31 ACT (33 Superscore)
3.9 WGPA
7 APS

@98st8Wolf Agriculture and Liberal Arts last two years have similar avg test scores and gpa (1200 SAT, 3.89gpa) Agriculture admitted 75%, Liberal Arts 63%. By comparison, Engineering let in 70% but SAT average was higher at 1340 and gpa avg was 4.1. Lots of data available on the VT website. https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx

@greenfrogmemes You’re welcome, but I didn’t have to, you don’t really have a forgettable name or photo, kudos to you, but I hope you get into RPI too

Accepted - CoE

GPA: 4.07 W
SAT: 800(M) / 710
Female, NOVA
Decent ECs & awards

@treepanda hey same here! And sorry if I sounded rude on the last post haha

@greenfrogmemes main downside of RPI is Troy, NY. My wife from upstate NY refused to let my daughter apply there because of the town (not that Blacksburg is Paris by comparison). RPI haS a great digital art and animation program, which is what my D is interested in, but couldn’t get past the Upstae NY locale. Great school though so good luck.

@greenfrogmemes Nah you’re good, best of luck to you!

Accepted - CoE OOS
GPA: 3.96 UW
SAT: 1500
Lots of engineering related ECs (Robotics, Girls who code, tech internships), 4 year varsity tennis, 200+ volunteer hours
also accepted - Georgia Tech (CS) University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (CS) Cal Poly (CS) University of Florida (CoE) University of Michigan(CoE)

Congratulations to everybody who’s been accepted!! :))

Would love your opinions based on the many decisions today

D from NoVa has a 4.05 WGPA, 1300 SAT, 2 AP’s… the rest Honors
NHS, Letter in Swimming, decent EC

She is NOT applying to Engineering… probably Education or Life Sciences
What do you guys think?

Is VT done with announcing invitations to honors college even though the site says by march 15th? Also, are merit scholarships announced with financial aid next week by march 12th?

Accepted (Regular) - Engineering
OOS
Female
1280 SAT
4.65 WGPA
Lots of extracurriculars & awards

@98st8Wolf She sounds extremely qualified! Make sure she shows her passion clearly through her essays, and try to do all 3 of them. If she has time she should try to retake her SAT score, I think a 1400 would definitely solidify her chance for VT. But a 1300 is still pretty strong!

Guys, I got just opened and saw that I got waitlisted???
I don’t mean to come off as snobby or arrogant but I am very confused.
I have a 33 ACT with a 4.391 weighted GPA. 6 AP Courses the rest honors and all A’s. Many extracurriculars including captain of varsity lacrosse team. Working nearly full time since sophomore year at CVS.
Applied to VA Tech as a safety school and now I am not feeling too good for my other decisions coming up.

@RonaldDream I got waitlisted too, thought I’d make it in… VT feels so random this year, I’ve seen many people waitlisted who seemed just as qualified as you.

Did you apply to Engineering?