Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

Fairfax County, VA (third largest school district in the country) will not be sending until 2/16.

I never saw an official date however, my sons schools semester end late and transcripts delayed due to school being closed for weather. My son sent his new transcript on 2/2 as that’s when he got his report card (we send not counselor since we are OOS). He ended up emailing VT admissions earlier this week as he found out his transcript had updated grades and gpa but not class rank and should he send again after 2/12 when it would be available. Admissions emailed him back Tuesday 2/6 and said no as they wouldn’t be accepting them after 2/6 and that they don’t look at class rank. So I would email admissions. Now if it’s coming from a school counselor as most in state ones do maybe they are still accepting.

@Kpanther I heard my friend’s conversation with VT admissions. They gave the 32,000 apps number and said to send mid-semester grades ASAP as they are already reviewing. That was last week. She indicated it’s more competitive this year.

Also - she did say if anyone waited much longer then they probably wouldn’t be matched with your application on time.

sjms71 That is completely different email than my D received. Her’s said only

“A current transcript is required soon after application but no later than Januray 15th (later changed to January 29th after rd deadlines changed). A final transcript should be sent during the summer if offered admission.”

No requirement for a midyear report, which is also what it says on the website. Very confusing, made more so by change in deadlines and inconsistent attention to updating the website.
https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/checklist.html

Anyway, we had our Ds school send midyear reports – which go out next week – to every school thatbrequired them. We are not sending one to VT and VT admissions shows her application complete except for receipt of final tra script should she ne admitted.

For what it’s worth, my son’s application status says VT received his transcript in February, which is a different date from the original one listed back in December. They’ve obviously received his mid-year transcript and updated things.

Like @Time2Shine , I now see that my son’s app status shows High School Transcript received 2/9/2018, so the counselors must have automatically sent the most current transcript- with 1st Semester grades- like they said they would. Not sure if it’s going to be looked at, but at least it’s in with the application I guess.

My son emailed admissions today and they replied today that if they already have a transcript they do not need a mid-year one.

I am confused are they not sending out accepted letters in Feb this year and only March? That is so late.

UVA and William and Mary send their regular decision notifications out in late March as well.

We are OOS and awaiting a decision, as well. It’s frustrating. DS applied to 10 schools and we are still waiting on decisions from four, all of which say anywhere from March 1st to April 1st. The date posted on the VT admissions page is the latest one the ten schools. I’d really him to be able to make a decision already (and I’m sure there are thousands of you in the same boat)… Good luck to all!

March 5

@amdg2000 Are you saying that VT plans to release notifications on March 5th? Is that updated from previous reports of March 15th?

All decisions per twitter.

@msvirginia posted by VT Admissions on both Facebook and Twitter

^^ yes this. At least they spelled it out clearly and without any more guessing.

All decisions in portal after 5 pm on March 5. Saw it on their FB page.

Good luck all!

Does this include Honors College decisions?

Got an email saying first batch of notifications will be released March 5th and the rest later in March