Virginia Tech Transfer '08

<p>Hello transfers! </p>

<p>Though the official notificaition date is May 1, I heard several people saying they already got their acceptance letters a week ago. Frankly it made me very nervous:S I haven't heard anything from VT yet; does it mean I'll probably be rejected (or they've already decided to reject me)? Is there any one who is in the same boat with me? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Just going from common sense if they'd already decided to reject you they'd probably have already sent it. Just relax and wait till the date. Theres any number of reasons your letter could take longer to get to you, good and bad, so its best not to stress.</p>

<p>I am freshman transfer student, and I was accepted for the fall. I got the notice at the end of march. Oddly I got wait-listed from jmu, I thought I would get in there and not VT. It was my first choice, but I am more than happy to go to VT. Though I know many people have not heard back from Tech but they don't officially announce until may 1st. I hope the best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Just wait alittle while longer, and you should be fine. VT is generally slower than most schools in getting the word out.</p>

<p>When should we be able to check our status online? Do we have to wait til May 1? The Freshmen applications were done on March 15th. The suspense is going to kill me.</p>

<p>Chuy, Slowedtrans, Executive,
Thank you for the cheering up guys! I am still waiting though... To make things worse, I just heard from UVA that I was waitlisted :( I only applied to the two schools. There's a high chance that I might have to stay at GWU...</p>

<p>Bernie,
I'm not sure either, but I really hope we could check the decision on the status page.</p>