Virginia Tech Transfer 2013

<p>It seems like the past few years there's been a board for current college students interested in transferring into Virginia Tech. Couldn't find one for the upcoming Fall 2013 admissions so I'd thought I'd start one. This will give everyone a chance to post there stats and get a feel for where they stand. I'll go ahead and start.
I'm a second semester freshman at Radford university right now with a 4.0 GPA. HS is a 3.0 My first semester workload consisted of:
Linear Algebra
Freshman English
Calculus
Psychology
and Chemistry along with the Chem lab</p>

<p>I'm applying as an engineering major and plan on taking courses over the summer to supplement the freshman engineering courses I've missed</p>

<p>Any other transfer hopefuls out there?</p>

<p>Yup, I’m currently a NJ community college student who will be getting his associate degree this spring with a 3.5 GPA applying to the business school.</p>

<p>Second semester freshman @ VCU.
3.625 GPA
Also, I have a hokie bird on my app.</p>

<p>How did you already get the Hokie Bird, usually the first wave of acceptances don’t come out until late February. Regardless, that’s a sure sign you got in. What major are you planning on doing when you get in?</p>

<p>@VTTransfer3 That’s what I thought, but i’ve had the hokie bird for at least a week now. I was really surprised. I’m a political science major.</p>

<p>Second Semester Freshman…GPA: 4.0
1st Semester:
Statistics
English
Geology
National Politics</p>

<p>Is there a different address to send my high school transcripts too? I went to my old high school and sent them to the schools that wanted them and all of them got it last week besides VT, which is weird because one of those schools is Alabama which is much farther away.</p>

<p>Well my university sent in my transcripts and VT says they received them, but my high school transcripts still haven’t been received and I sent them in on the 12th.They might have not updated things, but I’m sure they have it.</p>

<p>I applied to Tech last year (Transfer 2012), but didn’t get a hokie bird.
Let see if I can get a hokie bird this year or not…</p>

<p>Community college with GPA of 3.658.
Applying to Architecture and Urban Studies…[INTERIOR DESIGN]
I will be graduating with Interior Design degree. However, I have noticed that
Tech recommend freshman year of math, english, and science to be completed before applying. I have completed math and english, but no science because it wansnt required in my curriculum. Does anyone know if this will affect my application?</p>

<p>They don’t need the high school transcripts that much. i doubt they really use them to reflect there admissions decision or not. I think its more of a paperwork thing. im sure your college transcript is much more relevant at this point</p>

<p>This is my third time applying to Tech and probably my last. I’m currently a junior @ VCU with 61 credits.
I’m applying to the Pamplin college of business.
3.90 College GPA
3.6 H.S. GPA
Hoping third time’s a charm…</p>

<p>I’m sure you will get in @lastchane08!! And is it true though that high school transcripts don’t matter that much? Did VT say this or something??</p>

<p>@TechForever it says on the transfer application checklist that they need your high school transcripts prior to enrollment. So you need to turn it regardless. I would call them and make sure they received it.</p>

<p>@TechForever, this website will tell you why they need your HS transcripts. It seems they just want to make sure you have passed all the basic HS requirements. Looking at them they are identical to what most High Schools require to graduate.
[2012-2013</a> Transfer Guide](<a href=“http://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/2012/requirements.html]2012-2013”>http://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/2012/requirements.html)</p>

<p>@Firefighter22 @lastchance08 Yeah I sent all that stuff in, but I’ll give them a call just to make sure they received it.</p>

<p>2nd semester freshmen at 4 year out of state university.</p>

<p>Applied for engineering.
Current GPA: 3.28
Classes completed:
Calculus 2
General Chemistry 2
Programming
English</p>

<hr>

<p>Currently enrolled:
Multivariable Calculus
Discrete Math
Physics
English
Linear Algebra</p>

<p>Glad to see a thread for a fall 2013 transfers for Virginia Tech! I am currently a freshman at GMU with a 3.47 gpa majoring in computer engineering and completed 15 credits. Attempting 18 credits for spring semester. </p>

<p>Completed:
English Comp B+
Calculus 1 A
Russian History A-
Microecon C+
Intro to Engineering A</p>

<p>Enrolled:
Chemistry
University Physics 1+Lab
Introduction to Signal Analysis
Calculus 2
Discrete Mathematics</p>

<p>First wave of birds are supposed to come in late Feb right?</p>

<p>Good luck everyone! </p>

<p>I’m currently at VT sophomore and will check back every now and then to help you guys out.</p>

<p>My S had the hokie bird show up on his login page last week! He applied by the cc priority deadline (and had in all transcripts by Jan. 4). I heard that they will mail letters to the “cc priority deadline” accepted students in early Feb., but hoping he will be able to login and see status earlier. </p>

<p>Has anyone ever heard of a transfer student getting the bird on status page, but they weren’t admitted? I searched and searched, but found nothing but good news. I sincerely hope so for my son’s sake --VT is his dream come true if he’s really “in”!</p>