Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2016

This is a discussion for Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2016. If you have any questions, post here.

If they ask for my mid semester grades does that mean they’re on the fence about me? Do you think if I good mid semester grades I’m gonna get in?

Hi guys, I’m a political science major and a sophomore at a small liberal arts college. I applied to tech to transfer in the fall. I have a 3.63 gpa. Anybody have an idea of what my chances could be?

When did they ask for your mid-semester grades? @arizona23

@owenp33 at the end of January

@arizona23 Did you send them your first semester transcripts?

@owenp33 yeah I did back in December

@arizona23 Hmm, I dont know. They have not yet asked for mine so I guess it could mean anything. Did they contact you by email?

@owenp33 yeah they did. They said my application will be placed on hold until they get these grades. I have to send it by March 16

@arizona23 Thats strange, better send it to them I guess haha.

@prospectivehokie your gpa is good but Tech apparently looks to make sure you’ve taken all your core classes

@WannabVT15 I have taken the required English, Statistics, Elementary Calc (Math 2004 and 1525) Geology 101 and 102, and the introductory political science courses. do those sound good? also im super involved and had an internship at the state capital

@prospectivehokie those seem good to me. As long as you have math, English and science then it should be good. Sounds like you are a good candidate in my opinion

thanks! good luck to you :slight_smile: @WannabVT15

I’m a freshman econ major applying from a four year school. 4.0 GPA first semester, but I didn’t take Calc my first semester. I’m currently taking it this semester paired up with Chemistry. Will the fact that I didn’t take calc my first semester hurt my chances? Other than that I have completed most pre-req’s for my major.

Im a freshman at a 4 year school, got a 1320 on my sat (1910 with writing), had a 3.0 weighted gpa in high school. but now at my four year school I have a 3.44 gpa, participated in extracurricular clubs, Ive taken 2 math, 1 engish, and a science class. are my chances looking ok?

On the actual application, they mentioned that a competitive transfer student applying to be considered for VT honors has over a 3.5, so I’d say your chances for simple regular admission are strong!

I’m a freshman at a four-year public university now and I know VT has already released a few of the decisions for those attending community colleges in Virginia, but I was curious if anyone knows when they’ll release decisions for those transferring from four-year schools. If not, does anyone know when they did it last year? I’m curious as to around when my decision will come!

I’m looking to transfer from good ol Maryland for engineering. Currently completing my third semester and have a 3.84 GPA. Which upsets me because I only have one B but for some reason they have it as a 5 credit class, even though everyone else in the world has it as a 4 credit. But either way, I have only taken one English and didn’t take a chemistry because they don’t offer a engineering based chemistry at my current college, so I’m a little worried. I have done both calc based physics, calc 1 and 2, one english class, statics, and intro to engineering; along with other basic classes. Again all A’s except in physics 1 where I got a B. So crossing my fingers I get in :/.

Any chances of VT transfer decisions tomorrow ?