Virginia Tech vs Rutgers vs UPitt : Comp Sci

<p>I have been accepted into all 3 colleges but I am not sure which one to chose for computer science. I live in New Jersey so I get in-state tuition from Rutgers. Here is the following current stats from US news for each of the colleges:</p>

<p>Rutgers:
Price: $13,073 (instate tuition) + $11,412 (room and board)
Overall Rank: #68
Rank for Comp Sci: #28</p>

<p>UPitt:
Price: $26,280 (out-of-state tuition) + $9,870 (room and board)
Overall Rank: #58
Rank for Comp Sci: #53</p>

<p>Virginia Tech:
Price: $25,320 (instate tuition) + $8,000 (room and board)
Overall Rank: #72
Rank for Comp Sci: #44</p>

<p>I did not receive any scholarship from any of the colleges, so the tuition for each college won't change. I'm not sure if I can decide which is the best college based on the statistics alone. Also, I'm not sure if I should consider the computer science ranking of the university or the overall ranking of the university. The environments for each of the colleges seem good (I am fine with suburban colleges, city colleges and small town colleges). I suppose research and internship opportunities should be taken into consideration too. Overall, I want to go to the college that will provide the best academics (good teachers, helpful TAs, etc...) and I'm not sure which one is the best. If anyone from each of the universities or those in a similar situation as me can give me some information, I would be most grateful. Please help me!</p>

<p>Rutgers if you like the college and feel it is a good fit. </p>

<p>Reasoning:</p>

<ul>
<li>The ranking difference is best at Rutgers (even though I do not weight these heavily)</li>
<li>In-state tuition always a bonus especially given $40k over 4 years is way too much.</li>
</ul>

<p>Just my thoughts, and I am a Hokie fan.</p>

<p>Rutgers, because $$$</p>

<p>Edit: And you shouldn’t go to any of them unless you can pay enough of the tuition to get under, say, $35,000 total debt when you graduate. More than that and you should be looking at a community college and transfer, and also look harder for scholarships.</p>