Virginia Tech's Undergraduate Bio Program?

<p>Hey, I'm a high school senior that's trying to finalize my list of schools I wanna attend. I've already applied to UVA, VCU, VTech, JMU, and W&M. I'm looking to major in Biology and maybe later go on to medical graduate school. I'm aiming to get into UVA but I've got doubts about whether I'll make it. I've decided that if I'm rejected I'll attend either Vtech or JMU. I've visited Vtech but haven't gotten the chance to visit JMU. I actually really enjoyed my visit at VTech but from what I've heard, VTech has one of the worst biology undergraduate programs in Virigina (Ranked like 9th in the state) but JMU is ranked like the 4th in the state? (I heard they just acquired a new hospital). If anyone could tell me about the biology program at Vtech and how it stacks up against JMU's that would be great! Thanks.</p>

<p>I think the new hospital is a research hospital that accepts like 40 students a year and you do an extra year of med school doing research. My room mate is a bio/premed track major. I've met a lot of bio/premed majors. I think for premed it really doesn't matter THAT much where you go and it matters most how high your GPA/MCATS are.</p>