Visit report - November 5

<p>We visited the UA campus for the first time on November 5 with D, who is a NMSF and hopefully a NMF. UA is high on her list after learning of the great scholarships, the Honors College, and super suite dorms (and of course the possible free iPad). We had a full day (7 hours) planned by Allison from the Honors College. She was wonderful in our meeting at the Welcome Center. We felt special with her one-on-one treatment. The campus is so beautiful and has many new buildings mixed with the well maintained older ones. We took the bus tour with a young lady as our guide (I did not catch her name) who knew so much about each and every corner and building on campus. We couldn’t keep up with all the info she provided. We then walked from the Ferg to the College of Arts & Sciences and had an info session with about five other students and families with a CAS rep. We the met with a professor for a one-on-one session on one of D’s potential majors, followed by lunch at Lakeside Dining Hall with Holly, an Honors College Ambassador. She answered many of the student-related questions, and it was nice that she was an OOS student who had no problems fitting while knowing no one at UA when she arrived. She really talked up Alabama Action, which D is interested in. We then toured Ridgecrest South. Wow. It was nothing like our dorms 25 years ago at similar big state schools. I can’t imagine there are many schools that can top them. We have seen nothing close to them. We ended our day with a one-on-one meeting with Dr. Morgan, who sat and talked with D (and us) for an hour about UA, the Honors College, UFE, D’s goals and interests, and about D also finding the right fit for her college career, wherever she ends up going. Very impressive lady. But that’s not all! After D stated that she had an interest in perhaps majoring in astrophysics and astronomy, Allison and Dr. Morgan set us up with a short, last-minute meeting with Dr. Keel to talk and see the telescope and observatory. All in all, D was very impressed and bought a sweatshirt at the Sup Store, and we were impressed as well. Now tops on her list.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Wonderful, in all respects. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Good to hear it was a wonderful visit. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Sounds like a great visit…Good Luck to your daughter!</p>

<p>Happy to hear about your wonderful and insightful visit!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing…I just love hearing these stories :slight_smile:
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Glad your visit was wonderful! I have yet to see a nicer dorm on our college tours, I refer to the honors housing at Bama as “The Taj Mahal”. If there is anything better out there, we have not seen it!!</p>

<p>So encouraging to continue to hear the success of these visits. Holly is my D’s roommate, she’s great! My D is an HC Ambassador too … they really do a great and invaluable job in their part of this well oiled sales process! Congrats to you and your daughter! Roll Tide!</p>