Visit Report – October 15th

<p>Visit Report – October 15th</p>

<p>Our in-depth visit to the UA campus can be succinctly summed up with: It exceeded all of our expectations and as a result we have confirmed that our choice is the University of Alabama.</p>

<p>Of the eight schools we visited in Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama over the past six months, the UA campus and facilities (especially the dorms) are truly some of the nicest we have considered. But more importantly, UA has a safe and secure feel about it – which as a parent is an important factor in choosing a school. </p>

<p>All of the meetings set up by our regional recruiter (Andy Morrison) were very informative and further brought to our attention the many-many opportunities that UA offers to students. </p>

<p>Our visit began the Sunday afternoon before which entailed simply driving around the campus… yes, I drove the DW and DS a little crazy as I repeated many of the routes over again… but that’s my job. :-)</p>

<p>Again, thanks to our regional recruiter, we had a full day of meetings on Monday. To which I would like to add a special thanks to:</p>

<ul>
<li><p>Ms. Allison Crawford, our Admissions Counselor for her guidance. She too went to HS in Georgia and chose UA over our state schools.</p></li>
<li><p>Our College of Engineering student ambassadors Tyler and Lexi who both represented the UA and the engineering school exceptionally well.</p></li>
<li><p>Million Dollar Band Program Assistant, Heath Nails, who was able to spend a half an hour talking about the various band programs and invited us to watch practice from the tower (which was very impressive). </p></li>
<li><p>Professor, Dr. John Lusth, who afforded us time out of his busy schedule to talk about the Computer Science program.</p></li>
<li><p>Ms. Susan Alley, Coordinator for Recruitment, who enthusiastically told us about the many programs and benefits of being part of the Honors College.</p></li>
</ul>

<p>DS is already accepted and the enrollment and housing deposits are paid for fall 2013. We are now finished with the college application process… yay! But I’m not done in that I continue telling everyone about the opportunities at UA.</p>

<p>On a side note: I even bought an “Alabama” t-shirt for myself to wear… what’s the big deal you ask? I’m a Gator… my justification is having an East and a West SEC favorite team. :-)</p>

<p>PS: We did by chance also briefly meet another CC member, “STEMFamily” and her DS. Nice to meet you!</p>

<p>Congratulations and Roll Tide! The University of Alabama is a wonderful place!:)</p>

<p>Roll Tide and Welcome!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Welcome!</p>

<p>Absolutely awesome! Welcome and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Terrific, thanks for the report. Welcome to Bama, Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Great report! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Oops… An important edit to my PS on the original post </p>

<p>PS: We did by chance also briefly meet another CC member, “STEMFamily” and her DAUGHTER (not DS). Nice to meet you!</p>