Visit Timing

<p>I’m trying to arrange a visit to UA for D, who is a junior. She has off from school on Friday 1/14 and Monday 1/17, the Friday and Monday of President’s Day weekend, 4/22 and 4/29. Even though school is closed, she might have soccer games on those April Fridays - I won’t know until the schedule comes out in a couple months. I would prefer to take her in the winter - she is not a hot weather fan and while she’ll need to visit during a warmer season, I’m thinking it might be better if it wasn’t 90 degrees for her first visit. Previously, I’d been warned off of visiting on the January and February dates because of Capstone Scholars Weekend and the CBHP/UFE interview weekend. I just checked the visit schedule, and there are tours and an information session scheduled for 1/14. That being the case, is there any good reason to not visit the day before CS Weekend (such as the honors college folks being so busy preparing that they won’t have time for her that day)? Or would one of the other dates be preferable? Any input would be appreciated.</p>

<p>*and there are tours and an information session scheduled for 1/14. That being the case, is there any good reason to not visit the day before CS Weekend (such as the honors college folks being so busy preparing that they won’t have time for her that day)? *</p>

<p>That could certainly be a problem since CSDay is very honors-oriented, it is likely that honors personnel will be busy will all the preparation for that. </p>

<p>The Monday after CSDay probably won’t be good either since honors people will likely have that off (especially since they would have worked Saturday.)</p>

<p>CBH/UFE weekend is another very busy LONG weeked, but I don’t know which weekend that is. It may not be President’s weekend.</p>

<p>Anyone know which weekend is going to be CBH/UFE weekend???</p>

<p>When is your D’s spring break?</p>

<p>I second the request if anyone has knowledge of CBH/UFE weekend date. I was hoping it would be President’s Day weekend and submitted my vacation to be able to take the time to drive down with S. My company wants 13 weeks notice for vacation, so it’s difficult to plan things. I guess I will call the school and ask, I tried looking on the school calendar, but it is not listed yet.</p>

<p>As long as you visit when the Honors College has staff working, they will schedule time to meet with your D. For example, many staff members took day before Thanksgiving off, but prospective students visiting that day were still able to meet with those that were working. It’s kind of like going to Disneyland in that while certain rides/attractions might be closed or certain people might not be on campus that day, you can still have an excellent campus visit. It might be the busiest touring day or a relatively slow day, but regardless, people at UA want you to really enjoy your visit and will go out of their way to make that possible.</p>

<p>Last year the CBHP finalist interviews were Feb 21, 22. The final interview for Fellows is sometime in February. I would guess that they would select the Sunday/Monday Feb. 20, 21 this year, but, there is no word on the website. You could always email the programs directly. These folks have been very prompt getting back to me.</p>

<p>OK, so last year the Fellows interviews were Feb. 19, 20 and CBHP interview were Feb. 21, 22. There is a great explanation of what you can expect titled “Finalist Visit Frequently asked questions” on this page: [Honors</a> College - Finalist Visit Information](<a href=“http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=cbhp-finalist-visit-information]Honors”>http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=cbhp-finalist-visit-information)</p>

<p>Boy they’re good.</p>

<p>We visited campus for the first time on the Friday before CSD (we had no idea; I hadn’t found this forum yet, or at least I wasn’t obsessive :slight_smile: when D was a junior and had no problems. We went on a regular tour, sat in on a regular admissions session & met with Jami as we knew that D would be an NMSF.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Good point.</p>

<p>If you give Jami enough advanced notice, then she probably could arrange what’s needed the day before CSDay. </p>

<p>Since school resumes a few days before CSDay, I would contact her ASAP if visiting the Friday before becomes your plan.</p>