Visit to Purdue

<p>I am bringing my D to visit Purdue in August. Can anyone recommend good restaurants on/near campus? Also, any reasonably priced hotels within walking distance to campus?</p>

<p>There’s always the union club hotel, which is on campus. All other hotels are a bit of a hike from campus to the best of my knowledge. As for restaurants, there’s Pappy’s in the unions, Scotty’s, hotbox pizza, Greyhouse for coffee and such, Basil has great Thai food, and there are a lot more restaurants in the area.</p>

<p>I’m the parent of a daughter who just finished her first year at Purdue. We always stay at the Union Club Hotel if we can get a room. The location can’t be beat, and it’s really a nice place, and very reasonably priced. (And you get free on-campus parking in the Grant St. garage.) A couple of nearby restaurants we love are Blue Nile (Mediterranean) and Khana Khazana (Indian). Both are on Northwestern Ave., two blocks directly east of the Union Club Hotel.</p>

<p>If the Union Club is booked, the Hampton Inn and the Marriott Courtyard in Lafayette are safe bets as well. Both are about a 10 minute drive from campus.</p>

<p>Mountain Jack’s across the street from the Marriott Courtyard is an excellent restaurant.</p>

<p>In Wabash Landing, there is a Hilton Garden Inn. Across the Wabash is a Holiday Inn. Both are really nice and have a bus that runs by that is free to the public, the Wabash Trolley. I’m not sure what the frequency is for the summer though. But, you can also walk to campus from the Hilton and Holiday Inn, but the Holiday Inn will definitely be a longer hike.</p>

<p>As for restaurants, Triple XXX (or “Triple X”, whatever floats your boat) is something you’ll want to try! Hot Box is good, Fuzzy’s packed up and left all of the sudden (what a bummer), and there are a few other places plus many recognizable chains. If you are feeling adventurous, there’s a place called Taste of China. They have a buffet there and it’s really good. If there aren’t many people there, you won’t have much food to choose from unless you ask. It looks awful from the outside and the inside is dark, but trust me, it’s good food when they put it out.</p>