Visiting Bama!

<p>So excited that my mom and I finally booked our flight to Alabama to visit the campus! </p>

<p>anything specifically we should be sure to check out? We’ll go to the University Day, but is there more we should explore after the tour, whilst on campus? </p>

<p>thanks all and roll tide :)</p>

<p>Very exciting! I remember our first trip to campus last year…we parked behind Nott Hall but we were early for our tour so D and decided to walk around the quad and go look at what we thought was a big bell tower…Denny Chimes. As we were walking along the sidewalk a car drives past and the boys inside hollared “Roll Tide” at my D. Alabama had her literally at 'Roll Tide". lol</p>

<p>I highly recommend going to the Bear Bryant museum if you are not from the region. Watch the movie first and it will give you a good overview of why Alabama football is so very special. It will also give you a sense of the history. Make sure that you take the tour. The Capstone guides are wonderful and bus tour takes you all over campus and they give you the history of the school. It really is very interesting. Being a Northerner I could not help but feel guilty every time the guide pointed out one of the only 4 buildings left standing by the Northern Aggression. JK</p>

<p>Go to the ‘Strip’ and walk up the streets and see the cute little shops and cafe’s where you will spend the next four years. </p>

<p>If you want an authentic Southern meal head over to Rammer Jammers for breakfast, located right next to the stadium. GREAT biscuits and ham! Or go to Cypress Inn for dinner…it is on the Black Warrior River and where my girls and I had our first fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. It is also where we had our first of many glimpses into Southern hospitality. Believe me…this is a very real and special thing. </p>

<p>If you qualify for the Honors College please notify them ASAP about your dates. Talk to Allison. They will set up a wonderful day for you.</p>

<p>Enjoy your first trip…there is nothing so special as setting foot on campus for the first time!
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I think UDays only has a very mini tour, so if you want to see the campus, you’ll need to do it before or after UDays.</p>

<p>When do you arrive and when do you leave?</p>

<p>I arrive February 17, and leave February 20 I’m pretty sure.
and yeah, I was told that UDays are a bit brief, so we were going to spend as much time investigating as we can. I also emailed the counselor about touring, for my area and waiting to hear back from her.</p>

<p>Go to this link and set up a campus tour for a day that you’ll be there (not UDay).</p>

<p>[Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/)</p>

<p>If you are interested in sorority recruitment then contact Kat Gillian at the Office of Greek Affairs
230 Ferguson Center
Box 870298
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Phone: 205.348.2693
Ask for a Greek tour. She will arrange for you to meet several sorority women for a tour of sorority row. Sometimes they will also eat lunch with you if you ask.</p>

<p>thanks for the tip ahpimommy (: i’m going to get in touch with her as soon as possible.</p>

<p>thank you so much for the link! I’ll be sure to schedule a tour that way rather than a Uday :)</p>

<p>abbylouise, see my other post regarding our visit, it was fabulous. The sorority houses were amazing from what we saw, wish my D would be interested in UA in a couple years too but she is more the small school type :(, perhaps that will change, but for my S it is perfect. We found staying at Hotel Capstone to be great. The rooms are mediocre, but who cares really? Location is great, staff was friendly and breakfast buffet was a plus…</p>