Visiting Bama

<p>*Now, the big city and the cornfields of central IL are very different, *</p>

<p>Yes, there can be big differences between rural areas and big city areas. That’s true even within the same state. Bama isn’t in a rural area. Ttown is a good-sized city. it’s not like LA, Chicago or NY, but it’s not a one-street-light town either.</p>

<p>^^ So true. There are many stoplights, and I seem to catch all the red ones when I’m there.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Yes, I do too when I’m on McFarland Blvd on a busy day. I’ve learned to take some back streets to avoid some of that (like the street that runs along McDonalds and goes behind Midtown Village.</p>

<p>M2CK - is there a light there for turning left onto 15th? If so, I need to figure out how to get to that back road out of Midtown Village.</p>

<p>yes, there is a light there. It’s right between McD’s & Taco Casa. The street is called 6th Ave and runs behind Midtown Village and goes all the way to Hargrove.</p>

<p>However, when it’s running behind Midtown, the name changes to 5th Ave. So, if you approach from Hargrove, you’ll be looking for 5th Ave.</p>

<p>You can also get to it from the Midtown Village parking lot behind Starbucks, but don’t turn on 7th (which is right behind Starbucks), keep going to the next street which will be either 6th or 5th (depending on whether the name changes at that point). The street is by the apartments.</p>

<p>thanks beth’s mom, TNTide5 and Class2012Mom for sincere answers. You represent the school and region well. UA is a definite consideration if his test scores are high enough.</p>